View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I rented this movie from On Demand (for some reason it was put there before it was released in theatres) and I would like to give anyone who wants to see it a warning.

This movie is depraved. I was only able to get halfway through before I had to stop. They cross the line way too many times, with the language and the gore. For example, a school bus full of children is burned ON SCREEN. I beg you, please don't watch this movie
I respect your opinion and your moral reserves, but I'm not sure what you expected. If you've seen any of the films within the genre they were aiming for, especially those within the era they were attempting the emulate, "crossing the line" was done to bring audiences into theater seats, whether for the right reasons or not. The Dirty Harry films, the Death Wish series, The Exterminator, the first two Road Warrior films, Warriors, even spaghetti Westerns and Peckinpah films, vigilantes in exploitation films have a long and incredibly violent history, and the filmmaker had a considerable amount of source material to work with. If "depravity" and violence bother you, these films are not for you. Not to be rude, I mean this politely, but if language still has the power to offend you in a film, then a film like this was certainly not intended for you. It's film, and film emulates real life, not the other way around. I can assure you, more violent, graphic, and unacceptable things have happened in real life, and your outrage should be directed there. You should be willing to let anyone interested in this film decide for themselves whether the content is too much for them rather than telling them not to see it themselves. I suspect that most anyone with interest in this film is not in the same boat, no disrespect intended, as you.