View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'd say start off with a Ruger 10/22 for starters. It was the first rifle I've ever shot when I joined the pistols and rifles club in college.

The AK doesn't "suck" in terms of accuracy. You fire it in semi auto with practice like on any rifle and you'll hit your target.

The 1911 is a classic gun design, the tried and true handgun. If you don't like the design, that's your thing

The M16 is the military designation, so AR-15 is what it's called in the civilian world. It's also a tried and trusted design. If it didn't work for over 40 years, then it wouldn't make money. You'd be surprise how wonderful both AK and AR-15 rifles are.

But if you are just going out and shooting for kicks, then a .22 is good enough.

If you don't mind the weight of the M1A rifle, then go for it. The 7.62 is a big kicker if you aren't prepared for it. It is pretty simple to take apart. If you have under 2000, then any rifle is in your price range. You need to go to the gun store, handle a bunch of them and see which one feels good in your hands.

1. I know AK isn't sucks when firing in semi-auto. I meant in full auto
2. I didn't say 1911 design sucks. I mean the Colt never makes something very unique or special other than just making same gun over over again.
3. AR-15 is beautiful. I've used one from my neighbors, and it was awesome. I agree with it.

I think I will have to take the advice of going with 22(i am thinking about Ruger 10/22 since that's one of the most famous semi-auto rifles that uses .22 LR). After some practice from 22, maybe i will go with something little bit more kicker, and so on until 7.62 and even .50 BMG

Thanks for the advice.