View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Ok, I'll admit the Vigor and Salt powers is the developers ripping off themselves from their previous games.
I wouldn't call it a ripoff, considering that it's meant to be a sequel. The Vigor and Salt mechanic actually seems to be an edited form of EVE to something the developers wanted instead: you can't carry around huge amounts of full refill mana items that only give you a short pause in combat to fill everything back up. With Salts, you have containers that fill up small amounts of the bar that you need to pick up constantly, and your Salt bar starts out ridiculously low for the amount that each Vigor uses (you can run yourself too dry to do anything with 2 or 3 uses). One of the biggest problems with EVE, at least on normal difficulty, was that you would easily end up finding far more hypos than you'd ever use. It became virtually impossible to run out of EVE unless you spammed Plasmids constantly and needlessly. Preventing you from carrying spare Salts and increasing the amount that each Vigor uses forces the player to use alternate methods of combat instead of just spamming Devil's Kiss for most of the game and blowing up half a dozen enemies with each throw.

Quote:
Next thing they'll do is take away writers' ability to make Expanded Universe novels and comics.
Don't jinx us. If I remember correctly, the new trilogy is already supposed to ignore the Expanded Universe. This is worse than it would be for other franchises because Lucasfilm had set up a very coherent system of canon to determine what does and doesn't count, and virtually everything that's been released is considered canon in some form. The novels, in particular, have a huge fanbase of their own and more books than you could read unless you sat down for a year or so, quit your job, and kept reading until you fell asleep. Ignoring the decades and millions of words of content that have built upon the universe is basically going right up to every dedicated Star Wars fan and going "Meh, who cares?"