View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I think its more a weapon theyd carry in their vehicle and deploy if needed, not just haul around all day.
It's apparently being used by SF units. How often do SF use vehicles? Those guys do 12-mile runs with over 100 pounds of gear just to pass selection. So I imagine they'd have to lug around their XM25s. Though I would also guess that they'd give them to guys at the remote outposts overlooking hostile territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I wouldn't want to carry it around either, but it's really not any heavier than an LMG and a pretty significant advantage if it really does what it says on the box.
...which is what remains to be seen. And being skeptical of the manufacturer's claims is always a healthy mindset.

But the fact that the Army has enough confidence to start putting XM25s in the field is significant. That's a lot farther than the OICW and XM8 ever got. Also, they're already talking about issuing them to regular infantry and Airborne units, not just SF, in the next year (though we can't be sure they're serious yet).

Last edited by MT2008; 11-29-2010 at 05:49 PM.