View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 AM

I have fired Kimbers, and they are nothing special, especially seeing how many lemons kimber is letting out lately. gotta give it to them they have good marketing though. They only have a 1 year warranty. On other forums anyone whos dealt with kimber CS has hated it, while springer has a lifetime warranty and whats known to be some of the best customer service in the business.

The best 1911 I shot was a BAER TRS, that thing is sweet, eats cast lead reloads all day, it had a sweeeeeeeet trigger and kicked softer than other 1911s soemohow.

A 1911 is a reliable gun, but not the most reliable. Its feed system is different than many modern pistols, many models are known to be ammo picky and mag picky. Ill take a SIG or other modern pistol to fire hundreds of hollowpoints with no hiccups. Besides, the 1911s or old were known to need serious gunsmithing to digest hollowpoints and had 7-8lb triggers, many were so loosely fitted it couldn't hit crap.

Im biased too, had a couple of 1911s jam when shooting before, never had a SIG do that.

Rant over, love 1911s, but they get too much credit.

A 2,000 springer pro or Wilson/bear/brown is known to eat anything you feed it though, but if i have 800 bucks to spend its better spent on a SIG.