View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wingo View Post
So, one under the shoulder and one on the hip for standard operations; duel-thigh holsters for heavier situations. Got it.
I'd go with one thigh holster for heavier situations, unless you want incessant Laura Croft jokes. (Hm. Hanna/Hit Girl/Young Lara Croft?) That's an extra couple pounds better spent on more mags for your rifle, water, armor, or being able to move. Her actress is about 120lb, so less weight is good

Quote:
I can't believe I haven't mentioned it thus far: the story takes place in New York City, the Canadian Wilderness, and possibly New Orleans.
How'd she get here from Europe? Try setting it in a state that isn't rabidly gun-phobic as well. And drop the G36C completely. An M4A1/M733/M933/M4gry uses readily available and cheap M16 mags. You won't find G36 parts easily or for decent prices in the US. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Quote:
I'm kind of stuck on the sniper rifle, since it's the only one I can find that is A.) chambered for a commonly available caliber, B.) light and easily taken-down, and C.) has a decent magazine capacity. And the problem with the shotgun is that, with the stock extended, it's too long for someone as short as Hanna and not as good in close quarters. How about a Mossberg 500 JIC II with a detachable M4-type adjustable stock? As I may or may not have said before, I don't intend to have her carry into combat as a regular thing, it's for keeping wherever she's living in case she's attacked there.
The shotgun sounds good, the sniper rifle might need more thought. Maybe an AR-15 in .308? Could she use a Benelli M4 Super 90, just keep the stock collapsed.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no communication between the "perverted imagination" part of my brain and the "writer" part, so I'm forced to only consider practicality and awesomeness (kind of hard to reconcile the 2).
For her non gun weapons, I was thinking a folding Emerson kerambit, a Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife, and an Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Smatchet.
I have no clue about the knifes, but there should be inside-thigh holsters (See the first episode of Warehouse 13).

Last edited by Mandolin; 02-14-2013 at 04:16 AM.