View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Favorite pistol Action?

My idea, best to worse:

1.DA/SA
2.SAO
3.Striker
4.DAO

Not enough experience with revolvers to judge.

I got to say, I see a lot of crap about each action online. 1911 die hards refuse to admit anything is better than SAO and villify the DA/SA. I like the ability to safely carry without a manual safety, its especially good on a LE gun or SD gun. Simpler. Best of both worlds. Some people say that since the first shot is DA you'll miss. People have qualified expert on revolvers for years. Also, if you have time to prepare for a shot you really need to count just thumb the hammer back.

Two, i put SAO. A little more complicated since you need to train with a saftey but still an excellent trigger. I love 1911s. I just don't have enough training to reliably flick a manual safety on the draw, its is way too slow into action for my use.

Striker guns just feel clunky to me,a nd not all that light, fairly long pulls too. Just never warmed up to them.

DAO is somethin some people advocate but I hate them. They'll say "its consistency of trigger"......yeah, consistently bad trigger. DAO pulls are long and heavy, hard to shoot well with. They also usually ahve lots of creep and inconsistency (in my experience.) The SIG DAK trigegr that I ahve the most experience with is fairly light for a DAO (6.5 pounds) but it has a horrible intermediate reset that feels like 10 pounds and makes follow up shots way slower since you need to fully bring trigger forward to get the 6.5.

Last edited by k9870; 12-04-2009 at 09:27 PM.