View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
To all except people who uses them as props for movies. People who owned one pretty much were threatened to either give them to the government or sell them to movie prop guys who would put them into better use, one of them not being Stargate Universe...that show was stupid.

Also, I think a better weapon for them to use would have been an F2000 because it shares the similar overall shape and bulk of the Assault Rifle in Halo.

Teaching actors trigger discipline and how to handle a rifle on screen makes it more believable. Even though the rifles they actually used on screen were props and didn't shoot anything.

Looks like in the 3rd screen cap, they were teaching the kids about switching shoulders when shooting the other side of a corner. Though I wished they designed the future body armor and vest with provisions for storing extra ammo. I don't see a mag pouch anywhere on those outfits.

It's also kinda funny that the Assault Rifle in the Halo series does not have any iron sights whatsoever or rails to mount an optic.
As for the third pic, it looks like she's forced to expose her whole body to shoot around the corner. I'm guessing the QBZ-97 only ejects to the right.

I think the Master Chief had some targeting system built into his helmet, but I never understood how anyone else aimed the MA5. It's been in at least three Halo games, and no one ever addressed that.