Bravo Concealment
High Threat Concealment

The store bought every man type:

Blackhawk Serpa - Had a Serpa for a while
Safariland - I really like it's GLS holster
Fobus

Com-tac seemed to be nice

With a bunch of minor ones like:

On Your Six Design (I mentioned this as my G43 holster)
Contact Concealment
Safariland is hardly an everyman holster. It's definitely not on the same level as Fobus (rivets) or Blackhawk (shoot yourself in the leg). They are THE brand for active retention duty holsters and overt carry rigs. You'd be hard pressed to find a cop that doesn't have a Level II or III holster that they make, or a drop leg that isn't a 6004/6005 or variant thereof. They have their quirks like the suede lining coming loose and the fact that they aren't made in America, but their manually activated hood design and their ALS button combined with their overall build quality is better than any competing designs on the market in my opinion.

I also wouldn't necessarily put HTC in the highest bracket simply because they don't have the notoriety or brand recognition like Raven (MD/Costa bump) and Bravo (we ripped off Raven's designs, marketed with youtubers and charge half the price with half the lead time). Their stuff seems to be just as well made, though, but I won't know until I buy their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I don't carry my gun with a weapon light attached. I prefer a hand light in my other pocket. Also holster choices and clothing are limited even more with a weapon light attached.
That's the great thing about the XC1. It doesn't make the gun that much bigger or bulkier, so having a good WML for a concealed gun becomes really feasible, which is not the case with the X300U or TLR-1 or lights like them. If you can OWB a Glock 19 or P229R or something similarly sized or bigger, you can carry it with the XC1 and not worry about additional printing or sticking beneath a shirt line or something. I don't think it would adversely affect IWB either but I can't say for certain.

There's a lot of controversy about using WMLs at all, but regardless of the drawbacks, they are the easiest, most effective way to illuminate a target while maintaining a good two handed grip on a gun. I used to just carry a Surefire 6PX Tactical with a Thyrm Switchback for a tactical light to use with a gun out, but I still don't find it to be 100 percent effective, although it's pretty close. Now with the XC1, I can use that for gun applications, and the 6PX Tactical for searching without muzzling people or something like that. Plus, I have a dedicated lower lumen EDC light for everyday stuff. I realize I'm the exception to the norm when it comes to EDC, carrying 2-3 lights and a compact gun which may or may not have a WML, but it's easier than you'd think, and worth it because of the capabilities at your disposal.