View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM

Default Suggestion of buying a gun for the first time

Just to clarify before starting....

State: WA
Gender: Male(does it matter to metion this anyway? Oh it might be....)
Weight: 200 lb
Height: 6 ft

I never owned a gun in United States, so i am not very talented in shooting and i don't have a damn good friend who can teach me which gun do i have to buy, so here i come.

I am thinking of buying a gun in WA in a year because i like guns just like your guys, and i call myself "happy trigger" type of person who typically goes to shooting range once in a month just to have some fun, not to find how accurate i am.

I know about guns little. I know AK sucks in terms of accuracy and Colt makes me puke because of making profit by keep using M1911 and M16 design.. But these are typical knowledges that anyone can get in web, so i feel myself not very talented with firearms at all.

So here are the list i am thinking that i mght have to consider when purchasing the firearms.

1. Should be brand-new: i don't want to get stressed because of breakdown
2. Should be rifle: i don't like pistol at all. Crappy accuracy and i am still 20 anyway
3. Both Rifle cartridge and Pistol cartridge is fine: but not .50 BMG or .50 AE. PLEASE
4. Price: < 2000 is okay. I mean Dollars, not Euros

I personally like 7.62 and old style design, so i am thinking about M1A Springfield(there are different versions, but i will go with walnut stock ver.) because it's semi-automaitc 7.62 rifle that i don't have to worry about damn accuracy due to uncontrollable recoil in full auto, and it's PURE CLASSIC.

I am still thinking about M1A right now but i am not sure whether it is the perfect weapon for me(i saw on youtube about how to break down and re-assemble M1A... I think i have to challenge myself with little parts :<), so i'd like to get some advice.

Any advice for newbie who want some?

P.S) Sorry about awkward language skills, i am still learning