View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

I have to give MAJOR props to Trevon's mom. Saw a bit of her interview this morning and she basically said all she wants is an apology. She believes "this was an accident, a situation that got out of hand and Mr. Zimmerman couldn't turn back the clock".

If it was my kid, I'd want this guys head on a block. End of discussion. The fact that this woman has the ability to understand that may have been an accident is unreal to me.

As for all the racial talk, I don't think Zimmerman is a racist. The Police on the other hand.... Speaking as a white guy who has never experienced racism myself, I feel like had this been a young white kid, the situation would have been dealt with differently. I'm not sure whether it was pure racism by the police (I.E. "its a black kid so we don't care") or whether it was racial profiling (I.E. "A young black kid in a hoodie, I'd be scare too.") I'm not sure. But I do believe that race played a part in how the police handled the case.

Regardless, I'm really pleased that this is going to trial. Guilty or Innocent, both Trevon AND George deserve to have this in a court of law, not just the court of public opinion.

just my 2 cents....

-Z