View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've always thought the video game was the 3rd movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I thought so too. Aykroyd should've just left it at that.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
"The premise is absurd?" It's a comedy about hunting ghosts with portable nuclear reactors, what's the expectation here?

I'm just not willing to dismiss it based on one trailer (I haven't seen the second one.) I like the writer/director, and I like most of the cast (not a huge fan of Leslie Jones.) I'm just going to keep an open mind.
I believe he was talking about specific aspects to the premise for this one. That said, the thing isn't that it's absurd but that they made it work in the original. Not so sure here, though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look for any movie to suck, but I also can only go by what I see. And what I see, simply put, doesn't look all that good. Feig indeed isn't some chump which is why I have any hope myself.

I do think Akyroyd does have a hard time letting go - But it can't all rest on him; somebody still had to say 'yes'. In any event I wouldn't have minded something new for GB, despite my default disdain for reboots but again, I'm not not overly optimistic on this. If nothing else then because of the argument that if it's good, it'll be all about the women, while if it's bad, it's because nobody accepted the women. That will loom regardless.

Bah. I'm no huge GB fan so I don't have much a dog in this fight. Again, just calling the shit like I see it. If nothing else though there will be other things that will arise for the franchise, which is good.