View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
To be honest, normally when I see an AR "pistol" my emotions range between feeling absolutely nothing, and thinking it is fucking stupid. However, for some reason I actually kind of like the new FliteLite SCR Raider.

I more mean actual "pistol" guns where there is no pseudo stock are the kind that I don't like. These always look silly to me as due to the AR design they have the buffer tube sticking out at the back and they always look kind of awkward. With the SCR it is a lot more sleek and refined looking, and it actually looks like it works firing it without a stock and could actually be pretty effective with a sling. I also like it from a theatrical point of view, as I can imagine these being good in films and TV carried concealed under jackets.

I don't really have a problem with the braced type, although to be honest for an AR I would personally rather have a 14.5" barrel with a permanent flash hider with a proper adjustable stock.
Same here pretty much all the way. I grant there are some shortys that don't look as silly - the Raider being one of them - but I don't know. Mainly it just looks like what it is, a big gun chopped down all tacky like. I guess it's just the old fashioned part of me that thinks a rifle/carbine is supposed to be, well, a rifle/carbine. Proper stock and all as said. But yes, seems to be the popular dish now. I wonder what will be the deal in a decade or so.