Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointy Sextant View Post
The character with the concealed weapon is a less than sentimental man. He is pretty much just a killer with larger intentions who sees his guns as a means to an end, so efficacy is my ideal here. Exotic fire arms however would play in well as being part of the thread of him making it difficult to track his weapon purchases until after he has made his kills.

Threading the silencer on after pulling it works perfectly for mt character, as preparation, and advanced timing are absolute components of this character, and his method. So the question becomes, what silencer pistol combo is best for efficacy and concealability? The goal here is for a man who naturally blends in not to raise any flags until after the fact, so a minimal disruption of his profile would be best, but I can write in some tricky little extra pocket or some such thing if necessary to ad some flair.

As for the Shansi type 17, could the barrel be retrofitted with an inbuilt suppressor? This question extends to all of these guns. In truth, my preference is to guns with a more modern feel and cleaner lines, at least for this character, but for the ceramic man, any gun model will do.

Another question. I swear that I was watching the history channel while eating Thai food at like 4 in the morning a while ago, and that the guy leading the show people through the fire arms demonstrations showed off a .22 pistol with a 30 or so round capacity that fired in automatic. Now I could easily have the numbers wrong, but I swear he was demonstrating an automatic .22 pistol. Now this may have been under the influence of Panang curry from a place famous for it's hot curry, but I am so certain I saw this pistol. He pointed the pistol at a target paper, pulled the trigger, and the damn thing just flew apart. Now someone on this board must know what I am talking about.
Almost all semi auto pistol can be converted to fully automatic. It's simple and wore out guns can something go automatic. There are safety concern tho.

The barrel must be thread in order to put a suppressor. The fastest way is to buy a drop in threaded barrel.

You don't want exotic weapons because they can be easily traced back to the maker and then to the buyer. If you want to make it realistic I suggest common firearms. Otherwise it fine.

If you don't want want him to be tracked, have him make his own weapons. Anyone that has the time and a working brain can clone any modern weapons. It isn't hard to do.

One more thing, the Rohrbaugh R9S are pocket/back up guns (BUG). They aren't design for heavy uses and whatever the manufactures said they won't last more then few thousands rounds.

Last edited by jdun; 05-18-2009 at 06:46 AM.