View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
First of all, the discussion has been going from censoring quotes due to spam, to deleting them due to length. Well and done, but that is a separate discussion. And personally, I do not want to delete the monologue from "Snatch" (admittedly, that's because I'm the one who put it in there).
We need to vote on this. Though you may have a close attachment to that quote, I never thought that quote to be particularly clever. I suppose the entire BS about replicas 'firing' like live guns (in the film) emasculates the quote making it as false as blowing out a car window with a blank. These things are completely subjective. Again, I really don't care if half of a group likes a quote and the other half thinks it's dumb. It's the profanity that's the issue. People are starting to miss the point as to why other people have problems with it. The more and more internationally 'famous' (for lack of a better word) that IMFDB gets and with more and more people using it as a resource for checking film trivia, the more professional I expect it to be. If you're content to have this only be a fun time space for VG playing males between the ages of 14 -35, then the status quo is great. Not having F bombs hitting the viewers on the Main page is what I consider a professional approach. Drilling down into the details, especially when it's really relevant to a page (like the actual screenshot where the quote is spoken) is fine and no one can claim offense.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 12-09-2009 at 01:17 AM.