View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Ah, good call. Well, that's what I get for not taking 2 seconds to look it up on IMDB.
Yeah the Hi-Powers big moment got stuck with clip. Gun Clerk: "That's a 14 shot clip. You expecting an army?" Serpico: "No, just a division."

Quote:
Exactly, and I have always wondered why it took so long for Wonder Nines to catch on. But that's how it was in the 1980s. Before the Beretta 92F, most people who thought of handguns had revolvers in mind. So the 92F seemed like something special and innovative even though it was really just old re-packaged as new.
It really was old repackaged as new. The original 92 came out in '76, I think it was. It was based off the M1951. I think the military adopting it, gave its popularity.

Quote:
There are plenty of pretty bare-bones models. Especially in Seagal movies. Anyway, that is to be expected since Picatinny rails, compensators, and other such features are the new trends of the handgun market nowadays. But the 1911 as a platform is as unlikely to lose popularity in movies as in real life.
You still watch Seagal films? I hadn't watched a new one in 10 years. Same goes for Van-Damme too.