View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Orca1_9904 Send a message via MSN to Orca1_9904 Send a message via Yahoo to Orca1_9904

My experience with FPS games based on modern military combat is somewhat limited, but I would suggest the America's Army series (the PC versions; can't speak for the console spin-offs). With the exception of the heavy recruiting material filling the game, it's actually quite realistic; you take a burst from an enemy's AK and you're in a world of hurt, if not dead outright, with no respawn until the round is over (your character can also die from their wounds if not promptly treated by a medic). America's Army 3 seems to be the most realistic thus far as far as weapon performance, once you get past all the glitches. My only complaint with the gun handling in America's Army 3 is how the weapon bobs & weaves all over the place when looking down the sights, like the player's character was intoxicated or something even when in perfect health. The earlier version has a rather impressive weapon assortment, though it's quite starkly limited thus far in the latest version (the U.S. arsenal is limited to the M16A4, M16A4 with M320 grenade launcher, M14A4 Designated Marksman Rifle, M4A1, and M249 SAW, in addition to Frag, Smoke, Stun, and Incendiary grenades). Hope that helps, and happy gaming.