View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyDienhoff View Post
Forgive me for still being confused, but is there any agreed-upon standard yet? If not, once such a standard is developed we need to make a properly functioning wiki template (For example). That's a much more organized way of doing it because simply applying the same kind of tables to every article individually will eventually snowball into a huge inconsistency problem, because if the standard is ever changed every article will need to be reworked individually. If a wiki template is used, whenever it's modified the changes will automatically take affect on every article it appears on.

If you know how wiki templates work already, disregard that, just sayin'. Anyway, I'm eager to know because I'd like to help apply the new standard to articles, because it'll be a big job.
I like the suggestion, and we already have a ridiculous number of inconsistency problems with this site. I personally don't know how Wiki templates work, or how they could be applied to all of our existing pages. Can you tell me more? I would love to be able to standardize everything much more readily, and make so that all of our pages didn't have different formats depending on who makes what.