View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 03:12 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well now I have to add him to my list of favorite actors.

And for those who haven't seen Public Enemies yet, it is excellent. Most of the shootouts are a little short but appear frequently enough to be satisfying.

The full, uncut Little Bohemia shootout was intense, definately the " 'Heat' bank shootout" of this film.

Sadly, Nelson is the only one who is seen using the .38 Super pistol, and not very often. I saw only 1 shot other than the one I already had on the page that was good enough to see the weapon.

Oh, and this film is a gun-lovers dream. Nice and loud gunfire (although a little inconcistant at times), pretty good gun handling, great close ups, and some interesting dialogue, one where Purvis mentions to his G-men that they are issued "Thompson submachine guns, BARs, and Winchester .351 semi-automatic rifles." He's talking about Winchester 1907s BTW.

I won't spoil anything new for you (although most people know Dillinger died in 1934, so big surprise. ). Spoiling the movie by saying Dillinger dies is like spoiling King Kong (1933), a 76 year old movie, by telling you King Kong dies in the end. People already know. . Trust me on one thing, there is plenty of unspoiled material left to enjoy this work of art film.

I highly recommend it, it was great.

Last edited by Gunmaster45; 07-02-2009 at 08:13 AM.