View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Also, Eurocom's dead after 007 Legends and apparently Activision's pulled all digital versions of the Bond games from Steam and XBL (though not PSN when I got my copy of Legends), which has led to some speculation that they're trying to drop the entire Bond licence. I guess between Blood Stone doing badly, Legends tanking and all the movie-side production delays which prevented them making a Skyfall game they've decided it isn't worth it.

Incidentally, Legends is really, really bad. I feel the best summary of the amount of boat-missing going on is that there's more stealth in the Moonraker level than the OHMSS one, but it's also all the wrong movies to make a game from. I mean come on, You Only Live Twice has that wonderful crater battle, The Spy Who Loved Me is far better for straight-up action than Moonraker and hands you a bomb-fiddling minigame on a platter, and The Living Daylights has an honest-to-goodness end-of-movie boss fight, plenty of scope for recycling CoD assets in Afghanistan, and that cargo net fight that Uncharted 3 already had a version of if you're going to insist on QTEs.

Plus modernising all the movies is hardly a celebration of 50 years of Bond, it's more a denial of it.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 01-29-2013 at 01:17 PM.