View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I know people who stopped using mini14s or compact bolt guns for hunting yotes cause the 40 pound animal would suck up a round and run off. Now they use 22-250s or 12 ga.

The hell? I've killed coyotes with a .22 Magnum before, so maybe these guys just need to learn how to shoot. I've killed two coyotes with an Anshutz .22 Magnum bolt gun, both at the length of a 60yard field. The coyotes had mange and were wandering around at 4:00 in the afternoon, so it seemed humane to put them down. I went up to where they were and waited until they came out. I shot one in the heart. The other one I hit in the head when he poked his head out of the brush. It was a pretty lucky shot, I had about a two second window before he'd run back in the brush and the gun wasn't in my hands but I swung it up and hit him (I paced 55 yards from my shooting point). Not to brag though, I just wanted to clarify that if a .22 Magnum can kill a Coyote, a .223 Remington is damn sure capable of it. If you plan to kill and animal or a person, you should shoot for a vital area like the heart or the head. And any bullet will kill something if it hits the heart or the head with a 1 in a 100 chance of survival.