Thread: Randomness 2
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
MT2008, I just can not stand rap music. I prefer old school stuff, including the following:

* Iggy Pop (both his solo career and his stuff with the Stooges).

* The Velvet Underground

* Lou Reed

* David Bowie

* Joan Jett

* Joy Division

* New Order

* Siouxsie & The Banshees

* Nirvana
I like some of that stuff (not so much the abundance of late-70s/early-80s new wave, but definitely stuff like Iggy Pop and Nirvana). I also happen to like a lot of things, for various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
My little brother listens to Kanye West *facepalm of epic proportions*
*Shrugs* I once listened to Kanye West, too - "College Dropout" was my favorite album in 2004. I'm guessing you're too young to remember (and since you despise rap, I know you also don't care), but there was a time when Kanye was actually a respectable artist who made music that was new and fresh. In 2004, everybody was touting him as the guy who was going to break gangsta rap's stranglehold on hip-hop. Problem is, he let it all get to his head, and decided that he wasn't satisfied being a respected popular rapper - he had to be the biggest star in pop music EVAR. It's kinda sad, really; I think he should have stuck to what he did best and been satisfied with the respect he already had. But I guess for some people, once they taste fame, they've just gotta have more and more.

Anyway, if your brother at least likes "College Dropout", I don't see any reason to facepalm yourself over that.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.