View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I didnt say it sucks, i said everybody at the range has one and i like to be unique.
That doesn't seem like a good reason to buy a particular weapon, let alone bring it to the range. I go to ranges to shoot and have fun; I could care less if my gun makes me stand out or not.

Actually, sometimes I think I'm mostly unique because of how "bare bones" my AR is compared to those of everyone else - I shoot a stock DPMS Panther that looks like a military M4, has a vertical grip and no other accessories, and iron sights only. Everyone else has after-market camo pattern furniture, different brands of scopes, and tons of shit they don't need hanging off their RIS forearms. And they don't even shoot that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Also, it tends people always say "insert new age rifle here" isnt worth looking at since we already have ar-15s, like if theres something that works ok we dont need more options. Theres variety for a reason, not everybody wants the same thing.
No, not everyone wants the same thing, but wanting difference for its own sake is not a good reason for variety.

There is also nothing "conformist" about preferring a proven weapons system over a hyped-up weapon that is unproven. Unless you think there's something wrong with all the people who would rather own/shoot modernized 1911s than purchase the latest polymer-framed .45 pistol.