View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

If they were willing to pump millions in stars and CGI into Land of the Lost, why NOT a Starship Troopers reboot? If they're willing to remake Death at a Funeral three years after it was released IN THE SAME LANGUAGE, why not a fresh look at Starship Troopers?

And as much as I hate to admit it, I don't know if anyone could've done a better job with Transformers 1 as Michael Bay did. (This does not apply to TF2.) The source material was a glorified toy commercial, full of inconsistancies, that dorks like me revere. (Hub has been running the old episodes, and man, I can't believe I used to believe that it was the greatest show ever.) Aside from a few dorky complaints (why not have Peter Cullen as Ironhide if he's already on the payroll, why not bring Vince DiCola back to do the score, etc) I can't find much to complain about TF1. (TF2, on the other hand...) We've seen "good" directors try to handle "dorky" franchises, like Ang Lee, and watched them fail, and we've watched TF's partner, GI Joe, fail as well. I went into TF1 expecting the worst, and I came out pleasantly surprised.