View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Oh, I'm not saying that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that they should be made general-issue yesterday, I'm just saying that I think it has potential. Believe me, a Carl Gustav is also a sonofabitch to lug around, but when it's necessary, someone does it, and they also carry a rifle or carbine.
Amen. I also agree that it has potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I think a very relevant question about this weapons system is whether it will penetrate an Afghan mud wall. Based on my experiences over there, I am VERY skeptical of that. That said, if it can be effectively fired OVER the wall and still inflict casualties, then I can think of dozens of instances where it would have very quickly ended firefights that ended up lasting several hours.
Apparently, it can be fired over walls effectively. But here's something that is pointed out in the article:

Quote:
He then uses an incremental button located near the trigger to add 1 meter to the round's distance, since the enemy is hiding behind a wall.
Are mud walls always going to be that wide? And can you accurately estimate the wall thickness without an overhead view?