View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I never understood that part when Longbaugh spends 2 mags trying to hit Jeffers. I guess you can say he was laying down suppressing fire.
Initially, yeah, but once he and Parker were behind cover, he was still firing way too much. Suppressive fire is used to advance or cover a retreat. He was basically just emptying his mags into the walls and hoping that if he fired enough rounds, one might hit the target. That's the sort of thing that nobody with his (apparent) level of military training would do.

Speaking of which, another thing that I thought ridiculous was that he was using the Galil indoors at all. A .308 rifle (especially with the Galil's barrel length) is a poor CQB choice. Plus, he knew that they were going to be facing Joe Sarno later (even though they didn't know how many other guys he was going to have with him). Since Longbaugh had only two Galil mags, wouldn't it have made more sense to stick with the 1911 while he was indoors? Then, later on, he could have set up his Galil in a window and covered Parker while he went outside to get the money. If I were in their situation, with their equipment, that's what I would probably do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
In terms of true capacity for their 9mm 1911s. 10 rounds for the gun itself (9 + 1 in chamber). Quad mag holders 4x9 = 36, 46 total rounds apiece. They could have also been carrying some in their pockets. So you're looking at maybe 60 to 70 at the most.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Parker went through 60 rounds in the fountain alone. Too bad this movie was made in the days before PALS web gear became popular; then they could have probably carried way more mags on their vests.