View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Every weapon has flaws, to claim one is better than another is pointless.
I dunno about that. I don't know too many people who think the Chauchat was a good design, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Glocks are very nice guns. Light, accurate, reliable. But now that they can design pressureless mag springs that fit 20 9mm rounds in a mag, a Glock is just another pistol now. No external safety isn't great either.
Eh, buying a Glock for the mag capacity has always struck me as a dumb reason. I know plenty of people who always look at the Beretta 92F and SIG P226 and say, "the Glock 17 holds two more rounds, so I'd rather have that". Here's the thing, though: the Glock 17 wasn't exactly known in the 1980s for being the highest-capacity "Wonder Nine" money could buy. The H&K VP70 and Steyr GB both held 18 rounds, and they were both introduced years before the G17 (though they're also huge, which is I suppose one important difference).

Also, many handgun manufacturers lately have been cramming the extra two rounds into their 15-round mags to compete with Glock. Taurus now sells 17-round mags as standard with the PT92/PT99, for example.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-14-2009 at 05:23 AM.