View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Exactly. I took MPM's Colt 733 picture (which as he mentioned somewhere was an M16A1 chopped to mimic a 733 for films, since 733s have A2 recievers), so I took his A2 reciever Colt Model 725 and put the 733's barrel on it. Voila! Now, I would have uploaded it but you may or may not know MPM is on hiatus because he's sick of people making "frankengun" pictures on photoshop using his images. So I figured I'd just show you guys so I wouldn't step on any toes. Not a horrible edit right?
The 733 like the XM16E1 were done to a high standard. The hard part of all this is once a photo or drawing is on the net there is no control on it. Someone else not associated with IMFDB can take those images and move them someplace else. It happens all the time and will happen all the time. I refrain from put up my blueprints for the same reason but once it is on someone else can use my work. The best that can be hoped for is credit for the base image on these Frankengun and maybe give the okay to a select few to edit them. Threats to IMFDB on losing it's licensing if the photos are misused or edited in anyway is a little much don't you think?