View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 01:13 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
A criminal will use anything he can get his hands on. They don't know the difference between a two-five and a Desert Eagle 99 percent of the time, they just know that they have a gun to kill someone with if they choose to.
That's not always true. Think about how many rappers have made references in their songs to Glocks, Desert Eagles, AK-47s, MAC-10s, Uzis, TEC-9s, etc. I'm pretty sure the young thugs and gangsta-wannabes who listen to that kind of music hear gun brand names enough in their favorite songs that they start wanting those kinds of guns. In fact, earlier today, I was listening to a Dr. Dre song where he rapped, "As long as I got a Beretta, nigga, I'm down for whateva." You can imagine how that kind of influence trickles down eventually.

Also, I live in Texas and I regularly see "gangsta"-type dudes (mostly Latinos) come into my local FFL when I'm there. Most of the time, they ask for something pretty specific - like a "Glock Fo-tay", or a "Ruger Fo-Five". A few weeks ago, while I was shooting my P226 on the range, there were some Asian thug dudes (Koreans, I think) who had rented the AR-15 and were trying it out. I remember one of them even shot some pretty decent groups, too.