View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 AM

The one thing I hate about Columbine after what those two dumb fucks (censor me if you have to, but that's about the only way you can describe them as) did is how it became, for a little while, the rallying cry for idiots like L. Brent Bozell and others who think life should be an episode of "Leave it to Beaver". I remember how they blamed The Matrix as influencing them, despite the fact that the movie came out a little less than a month beforehand and really, wouldn't have done a damn thing to influence them regardless.

The Virginia Tech incident was another thing that had something else to piss me off besides the actual shooter himself. For a little bit afterwards, people were screaming for more gun control laws. Funny thing is, I heard not too long afterwards that the VT shooter got his guns from a licensed dealer...who knew about his mental history...and apparently chose to ignore it. I think right about that same time, the clamor for more gun control died off, because, after all, what's the point of putting more laws on the books when the current ones weren't followed to begin with?