View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I finally took the Panther out for a spin yesterday evening; my friend and I put about 200 rounds through the gun. It shoots quite well. One of the things that surprised me is how easy it is to shoot consistent groups with ARs. The last time I shot my uncle's Colt AR-15 A2 (years ago now), I remember thinking it was decently consistent, but now that I'm grown up, it feels lots easier with my Panther. I actually managed to get 2" groups pretty quickly. Although my eye sight has deteriorated a bit, too (my contact lens prescription has increased in the last 5 years), so I remember squinting a little more to focus before shooting.

I still don't have new magazines yet, but maybe I was a little hard on the factory mags. I guess I was just hard on them because they look/feel too much like the mags on my airsoft M16A2. I didn't have any problems with them, though the green followers sure do get dirty pretty easily (and look it). I've never seen the followers on my synthetic AK mags get that dirty.

BTW, the ammo we bought was Brown Bear. Can anyone tell me if it's any good? My Dad and I buy Wolf for the AK and were going to do the same for the AR, but Brown Bear was what they had at the range.