Old 01-19-2010, 04:26 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
Holy crap, you got a gun!
Yeah, a big one, how about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca1_9904 View Post
And you didn't get it? Are you daft, man?
Yeah, a Colt for $800 is a really good deal. It's rare I see them for under a Grande, and the ones I see are always pretty well used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Ya'll want to hear something funny? A few years ago my father gave me a STAG Arms AR like this one: (only left handed) as a gift. See all those rails? I had previously mentioned to him many, many times that I don't like rails very much and that I think they're ugly. I'm not saying that I'm not extremely grateful, but c'mon, what good is a rail system if you can't afford accessories?
Well, you can always replace the rail forearm for cheap. Standard forearms are plentiful and inexpensive. I actually want to buy a rail forearm for my Panther eventually (not immediately, as dropping $1K on a new gun means I won't have the capital for a while).

Speaking of which, until this weekend, I had no idea that STAG made left-hand ARs. When did this start? The first time I saw one on a dealer's table, I did a double-take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Ever heard of CheaperThanDirt? They have highly rated AR-15 mags for 10 bucks here:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG065-36.html

If I had an AR that's probably what I would buy. Brownells boasts a lot out of their mags but I don't know much about them. Still, they too have fairly good ratings. Brownells have steel ones but they are more expensive and more or less unnecessary. Link to Brownells mags:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...OUND_MAGAZINES
I've bought AK ammo from them before (actually, my Dad did, but it was with my encouragement). A lot of their stuff really is a "take it or leave it" affair, and I think I can afford to be a little less frugal on getting good mags.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-19-2010 at 04:29 AM.