View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Ill add 1911s as overrated (flame suit on.)
I don't see why you think they're overrated many single stack 45 acp guns have come out over the years and none are a step up from the 1911. They're equal or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I love 1911s, but know so amny people who hype it as 10x better than everything else and how nothing is worth of a 1911. I think their great, nut you need a 2000 dolalr 1911 to reach SIG reliability, and Im not an SAO type of guy. Ill always enjoy shooting them, and will own one (or 2) someday, but whenever someone says a colt 1911 is better than anything on the market I laugh.
A SIG priced 1911 can be just as reliable as a SIG. Front checkering, beveled mag, beavertail safeties and all the other shit people put on them don't make the gun go bang any better than it did before. That stuff makes the person shoot better not the gun. While tightening the slide to frame fit and a match grade barrel will make the gun more accurate that goes for all guns not just 1911s.

Also the 1911 is not my favorite gun, so I'm not trying to preach to you. Just trying to make some points. The Hi-Power is my favorite, despite having one of the worst factory triggers.