imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 10-26-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 36547)
After the "Hat Trick" mission (a reproduction of the Richard Phillips rescue), I'm a little disappointed MoH: Warfighter didn't have one reproducing the bin Laden take down. :(

Aside from not being able to shoot Osama, I like like Warfighter. The graphics is a whole lot better than MoH and the story feels a lot more intense than BF3.

One of my problems with the game is the breaching moments. In real life, you take on your sector of the room and trust your buddies take out their sector. In the game, it expects you and you ALONE to take out the whole room. There could be 4 guys in all directions and orientations and you are expected to take them all off and you start from the center of the room. On the harder difficulties, this is annoying impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 36529)
I liked it, too, but seriously wish Ben Affleck would stop casting himself as the lead in his own movies.

Especially roles that isn't a white guy. Mendez is not while.

SPEMack618 10-26-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 36532)
Looking up Branagh's filmography also revealed that they're doing another Jack Ryan film, with Chris Pine in the lead role. Chris Pine? He's supposed to play a Naval Academy lecturer and CIA analyst? I also saw they're finally getting around to doing Without Remorse, which I think has been kicked around for over a decade.

I've given up on ever seeing a Tom Clancy movie done well on screen. Harrison Ford would have been perfect for Jack Ryan for ever, even though I though Liev Schrieber was a passable John Clark, and had they not "rebooted" the series, would have played well as the young John Kelly.

Without Remorse is my favorite of the Clancy books.

funkychinaman 10-26-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 36552)
I've given up on ever seeing a Tom Clancy movie done well on screen. Harrison Ford would have been perfect for Jack Ryan for ever, even though I though Liev Schrieber was a passable John Clark, and had they not "rebooted" the series, would have played well as the young John Kelly.

Without Remorse is my favorite of the Clancy books.

I'm torn between Without Remorse and Red Storm Rising. I remember them talking about making a Without Remorse film back in the nineties. I don't know why this is so hard. I'd be fine with them copping out and just making it a stand-alone film.

funkychinaman 10-26-2012 02:07 PM

http://www.eonline.com/news/357511/c...egend-of-conan

Arnold hitting the gym and getting back into Conan shape should be half the story right there. It'd make a great documentary.

Spartan198 10-26-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 36555)
http://www.eonline.com/news/357511/c...egend-of-conan

Arnold hitting the gym and getting back into Conan shape should be half the story right there. It'd make a great documentary.

Last year's Conan reboot was not that bad and, as big a fan I am of the original Conan the Barbarian film (and the Conan franchise as a whole), Momoa was far better in the title role than Arnold. :(

funkychinaman 10-26-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 36556)
Last year's Conan reboot was not that bad and, as big a fan I am of the original Conan the Barbarian film (and the Conan franchise as a whole), Momoa was far better in the title role than Arnold. :(

But I can understand WHY they'd ignore a remake, but why ignore Conan the Destroyer? It's not like anything of consequence actually happened. Did they just want an excuse just in case Grace Jones called?

SPEMack618 10-30-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 36554)
I'm torn between Without Remorse and Red Storm Rising. I remember them talking about making a Without Remorse film back in the nineties. I don't know why this is so hard. I'd be fine with them copping out and just making it a stand-alone film.

Yes, and it needs to be a stand alone film since the Jack Ryan continuity is shot to hell.

John Kelly just doesn't work unless he's a 'Nam era SEAL.

For crying out loud, the man makes John Plaster get a hard on.

commando552 10-30-2012 10:27 PM

George Lucas has sold his soul, kind of literally. He has sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $4.05 billion, and they will be making Episodes 7, 8, and 9 to start being released in 2015, then every two years. I fear that the entire expanded universe is about to be totally flushed down the toilet... Or they could make movies about the Thrawn trilogy which would be great, but no way this would happen.

Excalibur 10-31-2012 02:34 AM

They want to set the story 30 years later, which means they are bringing back some of the old actors. It could be possible that they might not even use the EU as a source.

funkychinaman 10-31-2012 03:18 AM

Keep in mind, when Lucas announced that he was making another trilogy of Star Wars films fifteen years ago, people were actually excited. Now, people are filled with dread.