imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Randomness 3 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1977)

S&Wshooter 12-13-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37135)
I'm sorry. I'll go sit in the corner and think about what I've done. :(

Sit in a corner? Pfft, not in this household.

Go out back and cut yourself a switch

SPEMack618 12-13-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 37138)
Sit in a corner? Pfft, not in this household.

Go out back and cut yourself a switch

HOYAY!

I will refrain from making the obvious Fifty Shades of Smith joke and hop that MT2008 remembers our halloween costume discussion and enjoys a hearty chuckle like I just did.

S&Wshooter 12-13-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 37140)
HOYAY!

I will refrain from making the obvious Fifty Shades of Smith joke and hop that MT2008 remembers our halloween costume discussion and enjoys a hearty chuckle like I just did.

Yeah, I don't see much hoyay in hitting somebody with a damn stick

Seriously, though, it was the most country-fied sitting-in-the-corner equivalent that I could come up with

SPEMack618 12-13-2012 06:23 AM

I guess since Pops was often globe trotting about getting ready to lock for wayward Airman, my sister and I came to fear my mother's hairbrush more than anything.

S&Wshooter 12-13-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 37142)
I guess since Pops was often globe trotting about getting ready to lock for wayward Airman, my sister and I came to fear my mother's hairbrush more than anything.

I'm pretty sure I stole what used to be my father's "whippin' belt" a few years back. It's falling apart, but I haven't found anything better to replace it

Swordfish941 12-13-2012 06:43 AM

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...lesofAnime.jpg

Evil Tim 12-13-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 37124)
How was that NSFW? They were all dressed.

The NSFW test is "would you want your boss to catch you looking at this image?" rather than nudity per se. I think super-tiny bikinis kinda qualify.

Spartan198 12-13-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 37133)
One of my Fraternity Brothers nearly went to jail th night we got Bin Laden for stripping down to his Captain America underoos and perching himself atop the fraternity house with his guitar and a bottle of cheap bourbon.

Public drunkeness is illegal, though. ;)

But point taken.

SPEMack618 12-13-2012 09:38 PM

Yes, yes, it is, but sitting on the roof, according to my understanding of thelocal ordinance concerning public drunkeness, does not constitute being in public, bcause he was in, around, or on a private rsidence.

The Wierd It 12-13-2012 11:27 PM

I'm not sure if "Drunk and Disorderly" is a thing in the US. Because that seems to fit here.

SPEMack618 12-13-2012 11:57 PM

It is. If you subscribe the notion of jack booted thugs and the squashing of fundamental civil liberties, such as the right to assemeble and swill vast quanities of beer.

Public intoxication leads to rgistration of semi-automaric weapons. It does, I tell you.

And furthermore, as I told the campus cop as he was writing our noise ordinance citation, he was ensuring that the terrorist won.

commando552 12-14-2012 12:47 AM

I wasn't even drunk when I almost got arrested for being barely dressed. I was on my way to a Halloween movie fancy dress part (which was only about 5 minutes down the road or I would have put more clothes on) dressed as "Zed" from Zardoz. I also had a deactivated Webley Mk IV standing in for the Webley Fosbery in a holdall along with a lot of beer, but this wasn't the issue, it was the clothing.

S&Wshooter 12-14-2012 01:47 AM

Coke float: It's what's for dinner

Swordfish941 12-14-2012 01:57 AM

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/20...f07577d5a1.jpg

For the next couple, I'll be posting Fullmetal Alchemist related content to atone for posting a NSFW image. Are you guys okay with that?

S&Wshooter 12-14-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37161)
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/20...f07577d5a1.jpg

For the next couple, I'll be posting Fullmetal Alchemist related content to atone for posting a NSFW image. Are you guys okay with that?

I'll give you $5 if you don't post anymore stuff related to Fullmetal Alchemist

Swordfish941 12-14-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 37162)
I'll give you $5 if you don't post anymore stuff related to Fullmetal Alchemist

No. It's a good Manga/Anime.

S&Wshooter 12-14-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37163)
No. It's a good Manga/Anime.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/vc...background.jpg

k9870 12-15-2012 09:35 PM

howbout a fullmetal thread, theres enough fullmetal in here to actually bring the thread on a topic, and this thread is randomness

S&Wshooter 12-16-2012 06:48 PM

I tried out some home defense ammo (some super light round with a compressed powdered metal core that I figured I'd alternate in the mag with Remington Golden Saber) I've had for a few months to see if it'd actually work well in my 4506 yesterday, and that shit was twice as loud as the 230 Gr. Ball I had also brought

S&Wshooter 12-16-2012 08:49 PM

http://www.examiner.com/article/medi...-armed-citizen

Spartan198 12-16-2012 11:30 PM

I love how so many people after some high profile shooting become delusional in thinking that more gun control laws will make criminals become law-abiding and not illegally acquire weapons.

S&Wshooter 12-17-2012 01:24 AM

#3 on this list tastes like cheap, improperly prepared prosciutto

http://listverse.com/2012/12/16/10-l...eak-your-bank/

SPEMack618 12-17-2012 03:23 AM

Or how a law banning a certain cosmetic feature is going to stop someone from committing an atrocity when they have already violated about a jillion other laws.

MT2008 12-17-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 37191)
I love how so many people after some high profile shooting become delusional in thinking that more gun control laws will make criminals become law-abiding and not illegally acquire weapons.

Mass killers are not like career criminals who have access to extensive black markets. They're ordinary, otherwise law-abiding citizens who are mentally ill. What, you think a nerdy kid like Adam Lanza had connections to big-time gun gunners who could get him a military-issue M4 more easily than he got ahold of the Bushmaster AR-15?

I don't think those people are delusional at all. I think they go too far in insisting upon banning AR-15s, but they're not wrong for recognizing that (1.) an AR-15 is a far more dangerous in the wrong hands than a bolt-action rifle, and (2.) gun control laws in the U.S. are still inadequate, at least at the federal level.

SPEMack618 12-17-2012 07:31 PM

Does anyone see the irony in Jewish and African American legislators calling for more "gun control?"

Rockwolf66 12-17-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 37215)
Does anyone see the irony in Jewish and African American legislators calling for more "gun control?"

Yes I do. Among my friends the one who is a Jewish Liberal from New York has asked me not to reply to their gun control threads. It seems that by using facts and statistics I am highjacking their threads and getting more likes than they are. I guess they don't want an honest discussion on the issue and would rather tell millions of currently Law Abiding Citizens how to live their life.

SPEMack618 12-17-2012 08:25 PM

The token liberal/yankee in my fraternity was railing against guns and when I tried to tell him how the Israelis dealt with school shootings, all he could reply with was since Israel "destroyed" Lebanon than anything they did was wrong.

*head desk*

Spartan198 12-18-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 37197)
Mass killers are not like career criminals who have access to extensive black markets. They're ordinary, otherwise law-abiding citizens who are mentally ill. What, you think a nerdy kid like Adam Lanza had connections to big-time gun gunners who could get him a military-issue M4 more easily than he got ahold of the Bushmaster AR-15?

I don't think those people are delusional at all. I think they go too far in insisting upon banning AR-15s, but they're not wrong for recognizing that (1.) an AR-15 is a far more dangerous in the wrong hands than a bolt-action rifle, and (2.) gun control laws in the U.S. are still inadequate, at least at the federal level.

Who said anything about extensive black markets? Where I am, I can get my hands on a full-auto AKM, if I wanted, without much fuss just by talking to the right people, none of which have any links to international arms markets.

S&Wshooter 12-18-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 37225)
Who said anything about extensive black markets? Where I am, I can get my hands on a full-auto AKM, if I wanted, without much fuss just by talking to the right people, none of which have any links to international arms markets.

Shit, until recently there was a guy in the same area of Beaumont a large portion of my family is from that'd make you supressors, zip guns, decent quality fully automatic homemade guns and was known to convert some rifles and pistols to full auto, and it wasn't exactly hard to get in touch with him.

MT2008 12-18-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 37225)

(1.) A conservative, squarey-Q white boy (I presume) like yourself has criminal connections? What, do you know some local Crips who would deal illegal military-spec weapons to someone like yourself? (I'm guessing that if you tried that, you'd get "capped" on suspicion of being a Fed, if they didn't just kick your ass and take your money.) You're going to have to forgive my skepticism, especially given that anyone can make a declaration on the Internet without posting proof (as you have done).

(2.) Pretending for a moment that you're not Bsing: If it didn't come from overseas, that means it's probably a full-auto conversion of a semi-auto AK clone which originated at an FFL. I'm sorry to say that if this were the case, you would be making a very good argument supporting gun control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 37226)
Shit, until recently there was a guy in the same area of Beaumont a large portion of my family is from that'd make you supressors, zip guns, decent quality fully automatic homemade guns and was known to convert some rifles and pistols to full auto, and it wasn't exactly hard to get in touch with him.

Same response I had for Spartan - don't you think gun controllers are going to point to this as an argument in support of more, not less, gun control? (Assuming you're telling the truth?)

Swordfish941 12-19-2012 11:00 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...vu3fo1_500.png

Hooray for Mash-Ups!!

S&Wshooter 12-19-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 37232)

Same response I had for Spartan - don't you think gun controllers are going to point to this as an argument in support of more, not less, gun control? (Assuming you're telling the truth?)

I'm telling the truth. I said he was in the area "until recently" because he got busted a few years back

S&Wshooter 12-20-2012 04:11 AM

Cool, I just got a switchblade

http://stocklion.com/rehost/tools-aus/boker-ak74

MT2008 12-20-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 37259)
I'm telling the truth. I said he was in the area "until recently" because he got busted a few years back

Right, but if he's converting semi-autos to full-auto, you know exactly how gun controllers will answer: Ban the semi-autos, and he won't be able to build his full-auto conversions.

S&Wshooter 12-21-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 37262)
Right, but if he's converting semi-autos to full-auto, you know exactly how gun controllers will answer: Ban the semi-autos, and he won't be able to build his full-auto conversions.

For a while before he went to prison, I think he was more about home-made supressors and zip guns. I'll have to go talk to one of my uncles about it, one of them would know more about what that guy was doing.

S&Wshooter 12-21-2012 12:22 AM

I'm pretty sure my father is going to try to get a few suppressors for the AR's in the near future

Rockwolf66 12-22-2012 08:40 PM

I just spent two days without power due to a winter storm.

SPEMack618 12-25-2012 04:20 PM

Merry Christmas to all.

My big sister got engaged (FINALLY) and her new fiance gave me a box of .45 ACP and said
"it's not much, but the brass is reloadable."

S&Wshooter 12-27-2012 06:31 AM

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

Rockwolf66 12-28-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 37331)

Larry is Awesome like that. I'm hopeing that someone lets him play with an IRL version of the Abomination. I do know there are a couple of guys working on copies.