imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

S&Wshooter 10-19-2022 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 45488)
Last gun purchase before I move to the (sadly) unfree state of Maryland: I am now the proud owner of a nickel-plated West German-made SIG-Sauer P226, which has been on my collection list for many years now. It's also by far the most expensive handgun I've ever purchased, even more than my Steyr SPP (which I also bought this year), in part because I was in a bidding war with another buyer on GunBroker.

my little brother is about to be stuck in Maryland for a whole year to train as a merchant sailor and is slightly apprehensive about being gatless for a whole rotation around the sun. I am tempted to snag a LE trade-in .40 P226 and dropping a .357 barrel in it to have some Texas DPS Trooper magic hanging around; they would only switch from the venerable S&W Model 19 if it were to be replaced with something that'd zip through auto glass, and ended up with SIGs

MT2008 12-17-2022 12:49 AM

After all these years, I finally bought my first-ever 1911: A Para Ordnance P14-45. (And yes, in keeping with my collection theme: An older one made in the 1990s.)

S&Wshooter 01-13-2023 04:53 PM

I got a late 90's Mini-14 last month; I know it is objectively worse than even a budget AR in most ways, but I've always thought they were interesting and would be something I might be more motivated to actually go shoot than my Stag. Other than that, I got mags for it and a pair of OEM checkered walnut grips for my Beretta 84F, along with a pair of Shaw Concept ReUp bandoliers

Jcordell 03-16-2023 01:35 AM

Picked up a Model 59 at auction today. When it was all said and done, I paid $406.80. Serial number gives it a DOB circa 1977/78. Mechanically it's in good shape, no cracked frame and the bore is clean and shiny. No box so it's a shooter, but even then, it's in good shape. I'm not worried about the issues the Model 59 had back in the day since I bought it for historical interest rather than CCW or home-defense. I've been wanting a Model 52 ever since I picked up my Model 5944 a few years ago. I've learned that the first-generation Model 59 examples aren't as common as they used to be. Can't imagine why. It's only been 40 years since the Model 59 went out of production. Anyway, here it is with the Model 5944. First and third generation. Too many episodes of ''Starskey & Hutch" when I was a kid in the Seventies I suppose. :D

https://i.postimg.cc/kDnRH22S/1000000098.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SYNXYvBd/1000000100.jpg

Rockwolf66 08-14-2023 01:56 AM

As I am waiting for Oregon measure 114 to be declared Unconstitutional and thrown out. I have been buying what I can even though sometimes the state background check backlog is stupidly long.

When it passed I bought a Century arms VSKA pistol. Otherwise it's an American built Draco. So far i have put a proper flash hider on it, a Midwest industry fore-end, a magpul AK pistol grip and a crimson trace flashlight.

More recently I have gotten a PTR 32 KFR. It's so new that I have yet to shoot it. I am planning on tricking it out like my 32P. Midwest industry fore-end, Tactical light, Magpul trigger housing and safety switch. I'm not sure if I should go with the Choate folder I have or find something better. As for Optic since this is a carbine I will be going with a LPVO scope.

MT2008 08-15-2023 01:17 AM

My obsession with cloning firearms that nobody except me noticed continues. Since I now own both regular blued and electroless nickel German-made SIG-Sauer P226s, I decided to clone the P226s from the movies "Bad Boys 2" and "2 Fast 2 Furious" by swapping parts between the two guns:

https://www.imfdb.org/images/0/01/MT...BadBoys2-1.jpg
https://www.imfdb.org/images/2/20/MT...BadBoys2-2.jpg

I'm still pretty sure to this day that Independent Studio Services made both guns for both movies (which were both filmed at the same time in Key Biscayne) by doing the same thing I did with at least four of their guns. Not that anyone cares except me...

Also: I'm not sure what MPM2008 had trouble doing the same thing when he made the pics that we have on the IMFDB pages for those movies. Maybe because his blued P226 has the K-Kote finish which threw off the tolerances on the parts?

MT2008 08-15-2023 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 45542)
As I am waiting for Oregon measure 114 to be declared Unconstitutional and thrown out. I have been buying what I can even though sometimes the state background check backlog is stupidly long.

When it passed I bought a Century arms VSKA pistol. Otherwise it's an American built Draco. So far i have put a proper flash hider on it, a Midwest industry fore-end, a magpul AK pistol grip and a crimson trace flashlight.

More recently I have gotten a PTR 32 KFR. It's so new that I have yet to shoot it. I am planning on tricking it out like my 32P. Midwest industry fore-end, Tactical light, Magpul trigger housing and safety switch. I'm not sure if I should go with the Choate folder I have or find something better. As for Optic since this is a carbine I will be going with a LPVO scope.

I'm sympathetic; I had to move to Maryland this year, which I was extremely unhappy about, as MD is not nearly as gun-friendly as Virginia (where I had lived for 10 years before). Before I left VA, I purchased twice as many handguns as I had owned before. I also had to do barrel swaps on all my AR-15s (due to MD's annoying requirement that only "heavy"-barreled ARs are legal if purchased after 2013).

I'll grant you, when Measure 114 passed in Oregon, I was like, "Damn, I'm at least glad I don't live there..."

Jcordell 08-15-2023 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 45544)
I'll grant you, when Measure 114 passed in Oregon, I was like, "Damn, I'm at least glad I don't live there..."

Living just thirty miles from the Oregon state line I have had similar thoughts.

Jcordell 09-27-2023 11:55 PM

Okay I've waited over three years since the new Python was introduced and now, they're finally available in decent number here in Idaho- to include the 3"-barrel model. I've sold a few of my guns and I have the money. I've been eyeballing the Python since the Seventies and now I'm finally getting one. It might not be exactly like the classic Python, but it's enough.

MT2008 10-04-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 45546)
Okay I've waited over three years since the new Python was introduced and now, they're finally available in decent number here in Idaho- to include the 3"-barrel model. I've sold a few of my guns and I have the money. I've been eyeballing the Python since the Seventies and now I'm finally getting one. It might not be exactly like the classic Python, but it's enough.

Get it. I really want a Python myself some day. Brownell's seems to have then in inventory now.

That being said, I'm annoyed that Colt is no longer producing the blued version, as I think I like that version the best. I recently re-watched the movie "The Last Marshal" (which now has an IMFDB page thanks to me), and Scott Glenn uses a blued 6" Python with ivory grips as his main sidearm - I think that's what I want my ideal Python to look like.