imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 07-30-2013 03:47 PM

BTW, I don't think they ever really followed up on that "Alex Mason shot JFK" twist at the end of BO in BO2. If a guy was brainwashed so much he killed the president, then I don't think he'd ever be fixed enough to continue working for the CIA.

(As an aside, one of my bosses, who is Belgian, always shortens "follow-up" to "FU." I always giggle when I see it.)

S&Wshooter 07-30-2013 04:48 PM

I picked up MoH: Warfighter when I bought Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, and I'm really glad I didn't spend more than $15 on it. I've been getting pretty frustrated at the fact that they stick you with a loadout that you can't change, with a primary that's basically useless (like "2 bursts to the face does nothing" useless). So far, I've only used the sidearms whenever at all possible, including parts in which you'd think the sniper rifle they give you would be a bit more effective.

funkychinaman 07-30-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 39453)
I picked up MoH: Warfighter when I bought Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, and I'm really glad I didn't spend more than $15 on it. I've been getting pretty frustrated at the fact that they stick you with a loadout that you can't change, with a primary that's basically useless (like "2 bursts to the face does nothing" useless). So far, I've only used the sidearms whenever at all possible, including parts in which you'd think the sniper rifle they give you would be a bit more effective.

Oh you mean the sniper rifle you can only use at certain times? The Sarajevo level was the most frustrating, since your normal weapon was a SCAR carbine, but with a scope. I ended up using an AK with irons for the entire level.

S&Wshooter 07-30-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39455)
Oh you mean the sniper rifle you can only use at certain times? The Sarajevo level was the most frustrating, since your normal weapon was a SCAR carbine, but with a scope. I ended up using an AK with irons for the entire level.

Oh you mean the one that can't get a headshot at less than 100 yards, even when you have the reticle placed square in the middle of a mook's face? I've found that the HK45C and AKMSU w/ Kobra sight are the most useful guns out of pretty much everything

Spartan198 07-31-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 39456)
Oh you mean the one that can't get a headshot at less than 100 yards, even when you have the reticle placed square in the middle of a mook's face? I've found that the HK45C and AKMSU w/ Kobra sight are the most useful guns out of pretty much everything

Funny, I have no trouble whatsoever with it.

Mandolin 07-31-2013 02:34 PM

I hated the weapons in Warfighter as well. They don't seem very effective, and the secondary getting infinite ammo is stupid. Here, have an MP7 with unlimited reloads! Or a full-auto shotgun with zero stopping power! I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. For some dumb reason we get Daniel Defense M4s and LaRue sniper rifles, because some genius decided they needed sponsors or something. You're forced to use what they want, when they want it. Here, there's bag guys a 300 yards. Take out the sniper rifle and hit someone easily within range of your HK416.

You know I'm playing a "Tier 1" "operator" . Shouldn't I get to pick my own weapons and accessories? You know, like I was able to do in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 six years ago?

funkychinaman 07-31-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 39459)
I hated the weapons in Warfighter as well. They don't seem very effective, and the secondary getting infinite ammo is stupid. Here, have an MP7 with unlimited reloads! Or a full-auto shotgun with zero stopping power! I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. For some dumb reason we get Daniel Defense M4s and LaRue sniper rifles, because some genius decided they needed sponsors or something. You're forced to use what they want, when they want it. Here, there's bag guys a 300 yards. Take out the sniper rifle and hit someone easily within range of your HK416.

You know I'm playing a "Tier 1" "operator" . Shouldn't I get to pick my own weapons and accessories? You know, like I was able to do in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 six years ago?

Ugh, I hated being stuck with that shotgun.

All your weapons had unlimited ammo though, since your buddy had a bottomless ammo pouch.

Evil Tim 07-31-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39460)
All your weapons had unlimited ammo though, since your buddy had a bottomless ammo pouch.

Yeah, I remember how weird it was in the 2010 game where they'd only give you ammo if you had less than X rounds, so you'd ask and they'd go 'you got enough' and then you'd fire your gun at the wall next to them until they gave you ammo.

Totally realistic.

funkychinaman 07-31-2013 05:04 PM

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00061039.html

I know Winter Soldier in the comics has a bionic arm, because Bucky lost his arm before he "died." But I don't recall Bucky losing his arm in the movie. Didn't he just plunge into the abyss?

S&Wshooter 07-31-2013 05:30 PM

[quote=Mandolin;39459 I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. [/QUOTE]

MoH2010 seemed to be pretty fun, but I got stuck fairly early on, during that mission in which you have to blow shit up with a helicopter, because it would not let me proceed no matter what I did


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.