imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Zackmann08 Still here? (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2352)

MoviePropMaster2008 09-03-2014 07:30 AM

Is Zackmann08 Still here?
 
Just curious. Haven't seen any dated stamped activity in the last 8-9 months on either the forum OR the website.

funkychinaman 09-03-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 41113)
Just curious. Haven't seen any dated stamped activity in the last 8-9 months on either the forum OR the website.

I know he's out of school and working now. Evil Tim has been MIA for a few months now. No edits since January.

MoviePropMaster2008 09-15-2014 08:33 AM

The difference between Tim and Zackmann was that Zachmann blasted in here when he first arrived. He did a complete avalanche of work, spent hours upon hours working on the site, became a co-system administrator in record time, made a dizzying array of changes and upgrades. He even got on my case because I didn't want to waste time mentoring 12 year olds who wanted to become armorers. But there is a cost when you devote 40+ hours a week to a volunteer site like IMFDB. Personally I expect guys who go at it like that, to burn out. I've seen it before here, someone comes in, goes on an epic contribution run and then disappears. Some folks were so hyperanxious that they would start editing pages that I just created, within the first 15 minutes of me editing it. :mad: Again, chalk it up to youthful enthusiasm.

funkychinaman 09-15-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 41185)
The difference between Tim and Zackmann was that Zachmann blasted in here when he first arrived. He did a complete avalanche of work, spent hours upon hours working on the site, became a co-system administrator in record time, made a dizzying array of changes and upgrades. He even got on my case because I didn't want to waste time mentoring 12 year olds who wanted to become armorers. But there is a cost when you devote 40+ hours a week to a volunteer site like IMFDB. Personally I expect guys who go at it like that, to burn out. I've seen it before here, someone comes in, goes on an epic contribution run and then disappears. Some folks were so hyperanxious that they would start editing pages that I just created, within the first 15 minutes of me editing it. :mad: Again, chalk it up to youthful enthusiasm.

It's understandable for users to blow in and out of IMFDB, but for admins to completely drop out is a bit strange. As life catches up or interest wanes, most just cut back, but a few like Gunmaster45 and Tim just stopped coming.

I'm sure Zackmann is still doing tech stuff behind the scenes. He was always more into that rather than content.

Jcordell 09-15-2014 11:33 PM

Yes it is interesting. I haven't made a page since December of last year, but I still drop in. Make the occasional edit. Add a photo. This is a great site.

S&Wshooter 09-17-2014 06:17 AM

He probably exploded

Jcordell 09-17-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 41204)
He probably exploded


Yes. That's it. :D

funkychinaman 09-18-2014 01:53 PM

And just like that, Evil Tim is back.

bunni 09-19-2014 10:57 PM

Zack's around - we still talk, but he's working at least two jobs that I know of including a full time software engineer position :)

S&Wshooter 09-22-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunni (Post 41229)
Zack's around - we still talk, but he's working at least two jobs that I know of including a full time software engineer position :)

He exploded.....with, um, new responsibilities?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.