imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Looking for a Movie/Television/Video Game reviewer. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1250)

bunni 09-05-2010 05:03 PM

Looking for a Movie/Television/Video Game reviewer.

I'm looking for a freelancer to write long form reviews for the imfdb. They should have a firearm angle but most importantly should be entertaining. I know we have a few writers on the forum...

email wreelnilsu@garrifulio.mailexpire.com with a sample of your work if you're interested...

Gunmaster45 09-06-2010 03:48 AM

So you want someone to review the articles on the site? I like the idea, but hopefully we'll all be able to control our egos if our pages are given low scores. But it'd be cool if at the top of the pages a reviewer could rate the quality of the article from 1-100, which could direct viewers to better quality pages and help them avoid the crap ones.

Or I could just have the wrong idea entirely.

S&Wshooter 09-06-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 18602)
So you want someone to review the articles on the site? I like the idea, but hopefully we'll all be able to control our egos if our pages are given low scores. But it'd be cool if at the top of the pages a reviewer could rate the quality of the article from 1-100, which could direct viewers to better quality pages and help them avoid the crap ones.

Or I could just have the wrong idea entirely.

I think bunni is talking about reviewing the actual movie/videogame/show, not it's page

Excalibur 09-06-2010 05:00 AM

I have some problems with grammar, so I might not consider this job

Zulu Two Six 09-06-2010 05:13 AM

What are you're talk about! We all have perfect grammars,

funkychinaman 09-06-2010 09:00 AM

- How long do you mean by long form?

- New media, or old as well?

- What would be the frequency?

k9870 09-06-2010 11:25 AM

I say we have some sort of tryouts, people submit reviews and admistrators can decide which are good enough to be posted.

Phoenixent 09-06-2010 07:05 PM

Will the review be added to the bottom of the page? If so should there be a standard page setup with the directors and actors names listed at the top of the page with a brief synopsis of the movie.

I have done that on the pages I have setup but it is not listed as a standard for page setups. We have so many different ways of doing the pages. I know that we will be going through some more growing pains but the site will be just that much better.

bunni 09-06-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixent (Post 18626)
Will the review be added to the bottom of the page? If so should there be a standard page setup with the directors and actors names listed at the top of the page with a brief synopsis of the movie.

I have done that on the pages I have setup but it is not listed as a standard for page setups. We have so many different ways of doing the pages. I know that we will be going through some more growing pains but the site will be just that much better.

I'm really not quite sure yet. I was thinking the reviews would be on a separate section - and the goal is not to duplicate the content of our pages, which we try and keep impartial.

I have had some people submit new media/youtube style reviews, I'm not opposed to that.

MoviePropMaster2008 09-06-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunni (Post 18628)
I'm really not quite sure yet. I was thinking the reviews would be on a separate section - and the goal is not to duplicate the content of our pages, which we try and keep impartial.

I have had some people submit new media/youtube style reviews, I'm not opposed to that.

The question is WHY? And how would they get paid? Is there a revenue stream if IMFDB has reviews?

I'm not thrilled with reviews because it's a whole nuther layer of stuff that has nothing to do with documenting firearms appearances in films.

But if Bunni has a brilliant master plan that he has not revealed to us, then I'm all ears! :D