imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 08-07-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39509)
At least they aren't recasting him in the role of Church, though. In addition to the fact that it's extremely disrespectful to Ford, I just can't stand it when characters are played by different actors in one continuity.

The man is 71 now, so maybe 72 by the time cameras roll for Expendables 3. I'm not sure he can be as physical as Bruce Willis.

And Stallone appeared to call Willis "greedy and lazy" yesterday as well. Greedy, who knows. But lazy, come on. The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled. The guy is anything but lazy.

commando552 08-07-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39510)
The man is 71 now, so maybe 72 by the time cameras roll for Expendables 3. I'm not sure he can be as physical as Bruce Willis.

And Stallone appeared to call Willis "greedy and lazy" yesterday as well. Greedy, who knows. But lazy, come on. The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled. The guy is anything but lazy.

If Willis is doing something for a paycheck as opposed to something he really wants to do, he is supposedly a massive dick on set and gives nothing apart from the bare minimum.

funkychinaman 08-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39511)
If Willis is doing something for a paycheck as opposed to something he really wants to do, he is supposedly a massive dick on set and gives nothing apart from the bare minimum.

I really don't understand why a guy his age with his resume would have to do movies he really didn't want to do. If it's just money, he can probably make more money per movie if he was a bit more selective with his roles.

Evil Tim 08-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39512)
I really don't understand why a guy his age with his resume would have to do movies he really didn't want to do. If it's just money, he can probably make more money per movie if he was a bit more selective with his roles.

Perhaps he has contracted the Michael Caine Curse and forgotten he can turn down roles.

commando552 08-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39512)

I wouldn't have thought he has to, but he does. The classic example is Cop Out, but I remember alse hearing something from a recent film (maybe the latest Die Hard or Red 2) from the director that was something along the lines that you can't tell Willis what to do so he basically just had to build the film around him. And then you have that British interview about Red 2 that was released a couple of weeks ago that hardly paints him in a good light in terms of being easy to work with.

commando552 08-07-2013 07:21 PM

Just watched the trailer for Thor: The Dark World, why exactly is it that now London is the standard European city that gets destroyed? I miss the good old days when it was Paris...

Spartan198 08-07-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39510)
The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled.

He was still technically in Retaliation last year since that's when it was filmed, even if it didn't release as scheduled.

So greedy? Maybe, I don't know. But lazy? Most definitely not.

Excalibur 08-08-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39515)
Just watched the trailer for Thor: The Dark World, why exactly is it that now London is the standard European city that gets destroyed? I miss the good old days when it was Paris...

Last year I remember I watched the trailer to GI Joe where London got blown up, then I played Mass Effect 3, where London is the final level where it got fucked up and then the following year, Thor...and then I remembered Fantastic 4 had London fucked up too...and then I remember Modern Warfare 3

funkychinaman 08-08-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39514)
I wouldn't have thought he has to, but he does. The classic example is Cop Out, but I remember alse hearing something from a recent film (maybe the latest Die Hard or Red 2) from the director that was something along the lines that you can't tell Willis what to do so he basically just had to build the film around him. And then you have that British interview about Red 2 that was released a couple of weeks ago that hardly paints him in a good light in terms of being easy to work with.

Harrison Ford gets weird at interviews too. He won't talk Star Wars or Blade Runner, so unless you have a bunch of Indiana Jones questions lined up, or you're a huge Witness fan, what are you supposed to ask him?

Willis does a bunch of USO stuff though and never hesitates when it comes to visiting the troops (and he's from New Jersey) so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

funkychinaman 08-08-2013 10:25 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/film/film...-expendables-3

Okay, that IS pretty greedy.