imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Sopranos (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=315)

SgtSaunders 06-12-2009 09:57 AM

The Sopranos

In the pilot episode, there's a scene in which Carmella confronts a would-be burglar outside her house with what looks like an AKM, which turns out to be Meadow rappelling down a wall. Is it an AKM?.

In the episode "Denial, Anger, Acceptance", there's a scene in which Christopher fires 2 shots in the air when returning a truck that his friend Brendan stole from a trucking company under Uncle Junior's protection. It looks like a full-size Beretta semi-auto. The best view of it is when he fires it and the muzzle blast lights it up.

Also, in "Meadowlands", when Tony arrives at Junior's restaurant to try to reach a compromise with him, he's seen checking his handgun before going in. It looks like a classic Smith & Wesson semi-auto. Looks like a long slide version.

I'd attach stills from the scenes but I can't seem to take screen captures from the DVD in WMP.

Thanks

AdAstra2009 06-12-2009 01:17 PM

get a screencap

MT2008 06-12-2009 03:04 PM

I recommend VLC Media Player if you want screencaps.

AdAstra2009 06-12-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 3750)
I recommend VLC Media Player if you want screencaps.

I usually just play it on my PC and use printscreen.

Gunmaster45 06-13-2009 02:20 AM

Your lucky you have one of the DVD players that allows that, mine just shows a black page when I try to print screen it. Luckily my player has a screencap button and devoted folder.

SgtSaunders 06-13-2009 11:15 AM

I use Windows Media Player 11 and when I try to take a screenshot with 'Print Screen' I get a blank image when I paste it into 'Paint'. I tried all the common tricks to take screen captures, but to no avail. I tried turning off the overlays and the video accelaration but none of it works. I do manage to paste an image, but when I attempt to save it as a jpeg image I get a blank screen. When I save it as a bmp image I get a screenshot, but it switches to the next frame if I resume the video (as if the video is playing in the screenshot) or it turns blank if I shut the video off.

MT2008 06-13-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSaunders (Post 3776)
I use Windows Media Player 11 and when I try to take a screenshot with 'Print Screen' I get a blank image when I paste it into 'Paint'. I tried all the common tricks to take screen captures, but to no avail. I tried turning off the overlays and the video accelaration but none of it works. I do manage to paste an image, but when I attempt to save it as a jpeg image I get a blank screen. When I save it as a bmp image I get a screenshot, but it switches to the next frame if I resume the video (as if the video is playing in the screenshot) or it turns blank if I shut the video off.

Yep, that's what happens to me, too, and I couldn't figure out why. Which is why you should ditch WMP and try VLC Media Player.

SgtSaunders 06-14-2009 05:53 AM

I installed VLC and its built-in screen capture feature works great. Thanks for the tip-off guys.

SgtSaunders 06-14-2009 06:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'll get captures from the scenes described in my first post later as I had to return the DVD to Blockbuster.

In the meantime, here's a scene from the Season 1 episode "The Legend Of Tennessee Moltisanti" in which Tony transfers a cache of money and guns from a ceiling duct opening in his house into a duffel bag in anticipation of a police raid on his house. One of the guns in his cache is a Beretta full-size semi-auto pistol, but what model is it?

SgtSaunders 06-14-2009 08:04 AM

5 Attachment(s)
In the same scene, he also transfers a pump-action shotgun with a top-folding stock into the duffel bag. It looks like a Remington 870P 12-gauge pump shotgun. What do you guys think?