imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wow, I really like something beretta made.... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1640)

k9870 02-25-2011 10:15 PM

Wow, I really like something beretta made....

Shocking, I know, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YS8eAiDUzs

Cant wait to see the civilian model released, which is rumored to be 2012. Id have to buy through Gallery of Guns though cause berettas warranty blows

Excalibur 02-25-2011 11:22 PM

Read about it a couple months ago. In my opinion, it's an ugly rifle. Bulky and fat.

k9870 02-25-2011 11:27 PM

ugly, but its 6.5 pound, accurate, reliable, easy takedown, actaully embidextrous and easy to change for when shooting with left handed friends, unique (everybody has a ar-15 at the range i like being different.) Got an actual hanguard to grab, not a full on trainyard special that i need to buy a thoudand rail covers for. I like it, and remember, i used to crap on beretta.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 02-26-2011 01:51 AM

Three magazine releases seems excessive.

Nyles 02-26-2011 02:09 AM

It looks like a neat rifle, but I actually agree it's good too much going on. One of the problems with the new C7A2s has been all the extra controls / sling attachments they added getting caught on equipment. I like the idea of ambi controls, but they should be able to be switched over, not doubled up. That charging handle is more what I have in mind (and also super cool).

k9870 02-26-2011 02:15 AM

Excactly, the charging handle is quick and would be great when shooting with my left handed buddies.

S&Wshooter 02-26-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26227)
Excactly, the charging handle is quick and would be great when shooting with my left handed buddies.

If your buddies start whining, just tell them to shut the hell up

k9870 02-26-2011 02:19 AM

light and handy too at 6.5 lbs.

ManiacallyChallenged 02-27-2011 09:43 AM

Bulky and fat indeed. That's probably why I don't like the polymer guns, all so very chunky.

Markost 02-27-2011 05:09 PM

According to the 9th Parachute Assault Regiment from the Italian Army, the rifle sucks, and its not better than the G36k and Bushmaster M4A3 currently in service.

ersoz 02-27-2011 05:59 PM

Form should follow function not the other way around which is the Italian way.
Designwise, Italians are hard to beat. They are very good at creating objects of beauty. But, when it comes to engineering and reliability, that's a whole other story.
There is something else that's been bothering me. I believe in that old saying: "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Current assault rifles are getting the job done. They are accurate, cost effective, reliable, light, battle proven, "user friendly" and inexpensive.
Why are people still trying to reinvent the wheel?
BTW...Italians invented espresso but my espresso machine is german.

k9870 02-27-2011 06:02 PM

Theres "if it aint broke why fix it"
theres "if it aint the best why not improve it."

Not saying this is a much better desighn, im saying i like it and would like a civilian version. I like innovation and new desighns.

Swordfish941 02-27-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26216)
Shocking, I know, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YS8eAiDUzs

Cant wait to see the civilian model released, which is rumored to be 2012. Id have to buy through Gallery of Guns though cause berettas warranty blows

Who are you and what have you done with k9870?

k9870 02-27-2011 06:22 PM

I still exist, I just like rifles with good features that are unique, something i can go to the range with and not see 10 other people shooting. And a couple friends are left handed so I like ambi guns.

Just so you know its still me:

colt, you suck, glock, you suck.

Swordfish941 02-27-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26262)
I still exist, I just like rifles with good features that are unique, something i can go to the range with and not see 10 other people shooting. And a couple friends are left handed so I like ambi guns.

Just so you know its still me:

colt, you suck, glock, you suck.

Oh thank, God. But dude, you're kinda harsh when it comes to Colt and Glock.

k9870 02-27-2011 06:26 PM

Im not harsh, just honest. :cool:

Excalibur 02-27-2011 08:44 PM

Ok you have some good points, but there's a difference between a design that's "unique" and a design that's worked. I mean Colt. AR-15 design. It hasn't changed much for more than 40 years. Sure it has some flaws and can use some improvements and it has been improved. I want to know why you think it sucks.

k9870 02-27-2011 08:46 PM

I didnt say it sucks, i said everybody at the range has one and i like to be unique. Also, it tends people always say "insert new age rifle here" isnt worth looking at since we already have ar-15s, like if theres something that works ok we dont need more options. Theres variety for a reason, not everybody wants the same thing.

FIVETWOSEVEN 02-28-2011 12:18 AM

I'd say the Idea of this is great, having more than one release allows one to have a preference of how they change mags. Same with sling points.

k9870 02-28-2011 01:16 AM

Tool-less break down is nice, and the barrel actually is quick change, very quick, and its truly abidextrous, not like the aug thats a chore to swap. Just seems light, user friendly and full of features.

Yournamehere 02-28-2011 01:52 AM

The next generation weapon systems would be worth looking at if they didn't cost so much per unit, that's the main problem. For civilians, it's nice to pay maybe an extra 500-1000 dollars to get every conveivable bell and whistle short of an "auto" setting on the selector switch, but the militaries of the world have weapons that work well enough at a certain price point, and if that can't be beat, chaning is just detrimental. It's said the Beretta 92 won the contract over the SIG submission partially, if not primarily, because they brought the cost down. The'll stick with the gun that has a problem four times as often as long as it costs one fourth as much, or even one half as much. Economics!

k9870 02-28-2011 02:14 AM

I dont care if it gets big contracts, I just want a civilian version as a fun gun maybe carbine courses. Its just surprising, I generally dont like beretta products based on fit/features (HATE slide mounted safeties.) u22 grip is skinny and it feels toylike, and the pocket pistols are too tiny and pretty heavy for the size, cx4 is expensive for a psitol caliber plinker. But then this...damn me liking beretta.......

S&Wshooter 02-28-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26291)
I dont care if it gets big contracts, I just want a civilian version as a fun gun maybe carbine courses. Its just surprising, I generally dont like beretta products based on fit/features (HATE slide mounted safeties.) u22 grip is skinny and it feels toylike, and the pocket pistols are too tiny and pretty heavy for the size, cx4 is expensive for a psitol caliber plinker. But then this...damn me liking beretta.......

If it's any consolation, I think the Cougar is a pretty cool gun

Excalibur 02-28-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26281)
Tool-less break down is nice, and the barrel actually is quick change, very quick, and its truly abidextrous, not like the aug thats a chore to swap. Just seems light, user friendly and full of features.

The ACR is also abi and can quick change the barrel as well. Sure it's a little heavier but I like it more than the Beretta rifle. There's nothing wrong with just having a unique gun.

k9870 02-28-2011 04:00 AM

The ACR is kinda heavy though, and barrel changes MUCH quicker on beretta. Bushmaster is a local company to me though. The beretta is supposed to be 1500 range when released, the ACR is about a grand more....

FirearmFan 02-28-2011 04:45 AM

It's pretty cool. I'm always down for more fun new innovative guns. Is it better then the M4 or other current rifles in its class? Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not. But who cares? It looks fun and it's something different for people. The only major issue I have with it is that the bolt release is inside the trigger guard. Kinda nice if you are trying to get back in the fight in the middle of a firefight but kinda unsafe the rest of the time. I keep my finger away from the trigger until I am going to shoot.

Yournamehere 02-28-2011 05:18 AM

Actually, the ACRs have come down in price, at least on Gunbroker. There's more than one Enhanced version on there for just under 2000 bucks. I also agree that it's at least neat that these types of guns are being made, but don't treat them as if they ARE IN FACT DEFINITELY the next big military thing, because they aren't yet. They are just neat.

Beretta's product line is not that bad, and relatively speaking, not that overpriced, and I already explained why the slide mounted safety is NOT to be HATED, and I would reiterate, but right now I have something else to do.

k9870 02-28-2011 02:12 PM

The bolt release is poorly placed but you can always rack the charging handle if at the range, and slide mounted safeties wont be a proble most of the time, just its a risk that i dont want to take at all. Even taurus got placement right with their clone.

Excalibur 02-28-2011 04:14 PM

How is the bolt release on the ACR poorly placed? It's very close to your trigger finger so you can just move it and bam, release. Without so much extra movement. You insert new mag and simply press down or if you have a jam and need to clear it, you press up and rack the charging handle

k9870 02-28-2011 04:34 PM

The beretta bolt release is poorly placed, not the acr. The berettas is inside the trigger guard.

FirearmFan 02-28-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 26313)
How is the bolt release on the ACR poorly placed? It's very close to your trigger finger so you can just move it and bam, release. Without so much extra movement. You insert new mag and simply press down or if you have a jam and need to clear it, you press up and rack the charging handle

I was referring to the Beretta. And I believe K9870 was commenting on my post.

Markost 02-28-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 26289)
The next generation weapon systems would be worth looking at if they didn't cost so much per unit, that's the main problem. For civilians, it's nice to pay maybe an extra 500-1000 dollars to get every conveivable bell and whistle short of an "auto" setting on the selector switch, but the militaries of the world have weapons that work well enough at a certain price point, and if that can't be beat, chaning is just detrimental.

For example, the Argentine Navy adopted the M16 instead the FAMAS due to the price (300$ against +-1000$).

k9870 02-28-2011 05:00 PM

Ive heard the beretta was 12 dollars a unit less than the p226 which caused the military to adopt it, we also wanted a base in italy and giving an italian company the contract would secure it. I personally like the p226 much better than the beretta, due to better sights (SIGlight night sights, not an issue on the military ones they were using bar dot back then.) More confortable grip, no slide mounted safety and better trigger.

funkychinaman 02-28-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26317)
Ive heard the beretta was 12 dollars a unit less than the p226 which caused the military to adopt it, we also wanted a base in italy and giving an italian company the contract would secure it. I personally like the p226 much better than the beretta, due to better sights (SIGlight night sights, not an issue on the military ones they were using bar dot back then.) More confortable grip, no slide mounted safety and better trigger.

According to the source below, the P226 was actually a little more than two dollars cheaper per pistol, but the overall package price, which included spares and mags, cost much more than the Beretta 92F.

http://books.google.com/books?id=8Rx...%20xm9&f=false

k9870 02-28-2011 11:34 PM

I wonder if and when .45acp pistols will be back and replacing the beretta.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 03-01-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26335)
I wonder if and when .45acp pistols will be back and replacing the beretta.

Or Beretta could make a .45 pistol...

k9870 03-01-2011 02:52 AM

They do, the px4, and it entered the joint pistol trials before they were canceled. I like the FNP 45, which was also enetered.

S&Wshooter 03-01-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26349)
They do, the px4, and it entered the joint pistol trials before they were canceled. I like the FNP 45, which was also enetered.

I almost bought a FNP 45. I was $100 dollars short, so I wasn't able too

k9870 03-01-2011 02:57 AM

There a good value. Thats one reason i like them, there rugged, reliable, not expensive, and have the ability to go da/sa or condition 1.

S&Wshooter 03-01-2011 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26353)
There a good value. Thats one reason i like them, there rugged, reliable, not expensive, and have the ability to go da/sa or condition 1.

I'm glad I waited for the 4506 to come along. If I ever get around to buying a 9mm, the FNP is high on my list