imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   General Double Rifle Page (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2451)

StanTheMan 04-21-2016 07:48 PM

General Double Rifle Page

I asked JCordell about a previously unmarked/unidentified double rifle image and was thinking that since we have images of several makes of double rifles, and since several makes are actually featured/listed on pages on the site (not that many, but still), perhaps it would be possible to shift the existing Holland & Holland page into a general 'Double Rifle' page, akin to the Single / Double Barrel Shotgun pages.

I suggest it because having several images of other makes on the talk page of a particular variant seems awkward, and having just one variant kinda precludes listing guns from other makes again with out it looking awkward. Grouping them together just seems more encompassing and simpler to me. The alternative would be making separate individual pages for all the variants, which I think would be a bit much - There are several makes are featured on the site but not in too many things; condensing the listings in one page wouldn't be that big a deal I feel. Certainly not as engrossing as the shotgun pages.

One thing that'll help is a good detailed overview, in which case JCordell has attained a vast level of knowledge on Doubles in recent years, and I think he'd make a good writeup for such a page. Anyway, what say you guys?

Jcordell 04-23-2016 02:38 AM

It will be a few days before I get to it. Work and what not, but I hope to have it done sometime next week.

Mazryonh 04-29-2016 12:35 AM

I'd like to see this new category get made. How about triple-barrel shotguns/rifles and higher? Would they get folded into the double-barrel gun categories?

StanTheMan 04-29-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 42485)
It will be a few days before I get to it. Work and what not, but I hope to have it done sometime next week.

Well I would like something of an 'ok' from others - I'm sure it'll be forthcoming but in any event I don't think there's any huge rush, JCordell - I'd say take your time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 42494)
I'd like to see this new category get made. How about triple-barrel shotguns/rifles and higher? Would they get folded into the double-barrel gun categories?

Well it's not a category but a page featuring the lot. That said, I think those multi-barrel (more than two) pieces come up very sparingly, far more so than even the doubles. Perhaps later on they could be included but I would prefer to stick to doubles for now.

commando552 04-29-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 42494)

Off of the top of my head, the only multi barrel weapons that I can think of other than doubles that have appeared in anything are drillings (double shotgun with single rifle barrel underneath). If a number of these appeared then I think it would be best to just make a generic drilling page and list them there. I cant remember any other multi barrel weapons of this sort appearing, so will kind of depend on how many (if any) appear.

I am sure that at some point Chiappa Tripple Threats will start being used, but this is readily identifiable and unique enough to the point where it would be safe to give it its own page.