imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 11-13-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch (Post 21990)
It's Treyarch. This is surprising to...no one.

On top of that, I'm now hearing that a lot of what plagued MW2 is also present in Black Ops. Glad I stuck with Medal of Honor.

Metal of Honor was very generic and didn't present anything new to the modern warfare gaming table. MW2 broke records and it did a lot of things right. That said, the story was the only thing stupid about it. The controls were smooth and gameplay was not this laggy interrupting and distracting piece of shit that is Black Ops. Sure the game is fine now, but day one, Black Ops was annoying the hell out of me

Clutch 11-13-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21992)
Metal of Honor was very generic and didn't present anything new to the modern warfare gaming table. MW2 broke records and it did a lot of things right. That said, the story was the only thing stupid about it. The controls were smooth and gameplay was not this laggy interrupting and distracting piece of shit that is Black Ops. Sure the game is fine now, but day one, Black Ops was annoying the hell out of me

Let me clarify.

MW2 works best when you stick with the campaign or Spec Ops modes. Yeah, the story's kinda ridiculous, but it's fun to watch. The multiplayer, however, fails hard. To be fair, it didn't at first, but once all of the knifing and other exploits became widespread, playing through stopped being enjoyable and became a overtly frustrating job.

Medal of Honor might not bring much to the table, but it does so in a much more satisfying manner. For one thing, there's no more of that whole "knifing from across the map" BS. If you want to score a knife kill, you have to do it the old-fashioned way. There's also very little in the way of boosting, which was another cancer across nearly every MW2 match I played after about December of last year. Story-wise, Medal of Honor's better in that regard too. The only issues I have with it are polish-wise - the game needed a few more months in the oven.

Excalibur 11-13-2010 06:02 AM

There will always be cheap ways for players to think up to win the game and it still is a game, if someone has a more precise way to kick your ass, then more power to them. Sure it'll get annoying getting knifed and grenade launchers coming at you, but that's how the game is.

Since Metal of Honor was designed by DICE, their multiplayer is completely different from any of COD's designs. It has a lot of similar elements.

You only see the MW2 multiplayer failing because of the cheap bastards utterly destroying you with easy fast tactics that aren't "fair, or realistic".

And what do you mean "Knifing from across the map"? You can't do that in any game. You sneak up to a guy and knife him or rush him before he can shoot you and knife him. If you mean the throwing knife, that only works if you are REALLY good with your aim and I mean really good.

Games don't need "a little bit more time in the oven"? They aren't a cake. They are like paintings. You do all the fine strokes, colors right and on the right kind of material, but when it is done it is done. You can add a few more extra strokes and add on some more color, but when it is done, the work is to be judged at the time of presentation. If it doesn't stack up on the day it is expected, then the creator fucked up. If he can save it with patches and a little extra work, sure, but that is ONLY when there is something left to be saved or if the minor adjustments are vast improvements.

I agree that Metal of Honor has a story to it, but there isn't a lot of character development. It tries to have you feel a connection for these guys you play, but lack it.

Clutch 11-13-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21995)
There will always be cheap ways for players to think up to win the game and it still is a game, if someone has a more precise way to kick your ass, then more power to them. Sure it'll get annoying getting knifed and grenade launchers coming at you, but that's how the game is.

Since Metal of Honor was designed by DICE, their multiplayer is completely different from any of COD's designs. It has a lot of similar elements.

You only see the MW2 multiplayer failing because of the cheap bastards utterly destroying you with easy fast tactics that aren't "fair, or realistic".

And what do you mean "Knifing from across the map"? You can't do that in any game. You sneak up to a guy and knife him or rush him before he can shoot you and knife him. If you mean the throwing knife, that only works if you are REALLY good with your aim and I mean really good.

Games don't need "a little bit more time in the oven"? They aren't a cake. They are like paintings. You do all the fine strokes, colors right and on the right kind of material, but when it is done it is done. You can add a few more extra strokes and add on some more color, but when it is done, the work is to be judged at the time of presentation. If it doesn't stack up on the day it is expected, then the creator fucked up. If he can save it with patches and a little extra work, sure, but that is ONLY when there is something left to be saved or if the minor adjustments are vast improvements.

I agree that Metal of Honor has a story to it, but there isn't a lot of character development. It tries to have you feel a connection for these guys you play, but lack it.

What I mean by knifing across the map is this. Ever play a match, come across someone using that perpetual knifing setup, sight him in and shoot first? Then die, even though you know you hit him and he was a good distance from you at that moment? Then, when you watch the killcam, you discover that your shotgun blast or burst of machine gun fire did nothing to him? THAT'S what I mean by knifing across the map. Here's something else that's happened before. You spawn after getting killed by someone else. You take two steps...and are then stabbed in the back by Usain Bolt on crack, who's been running around the map the entire match, knifing whoever's unlucky enough to cross his path.

I stopped playing MW2 online several months ago for that and several other reasons, including the lag and shitty hit detection (two of the things that makes knifing work so well in the first place). And the boosting, too...don't get me started on the boosting. Many a game was ruined because some jackass wanted to score that damn nuke so frickin' badly. In comparison, CoD4 and MoH work so well because they don't rely on none of that. No idiotic perks. No ridiculous knife-lunging.

Excalibur 11-13-2010 03:47 PM

Ok, I rarely come across those guys. Occasionally, i get knifed, but I've developed a very fast reaction. My brother is a master at counter knifing other people.

Black Ops, it's not that easy to knife someone anymore.

k9870 11-13-2010 08:01 PM

Black ops balanced a lot, too much maybe, like not being able to use full auto cz in last stand, if you put a m203 on your gun you cant put a second attachment, etc.

MOH was too generic and offered no customization, gameplay for MOH was better in SP, where you had lean out controls. Theres very few guns in MOH while black ops theres tons of choices to personalize loadouts.

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 08:04 PM

Natalie Portman has let me down by starring in a rom-com with Ashton Kutcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubfcfs98MBw

Spades of Columbia 11-13-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 22002)
Natalie Portman has let me down by starring in a rom-com with Ashton Kutcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubfcfs98MBw

I KNOW!!!...i had the same thought...what the hell is she thinking?

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia (Post 22003)
I KNOW!!!...i had the same thought...what the hell is she thinking?

I expect that kind of shit from Jennifer Aniston, but NATALIE??? What has this world come to?

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 09:56 PM

I liked it when video games were simple like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4zF790DzyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opru6...eature=related


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.