imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 11-08-2010 03:48 AM

And Black Ops comes out in less than 2 days.

I actually can't wait for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

funkychinaman 11-08-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21856)
And Black Ops comes out in less than 2 days.

I actually can't wait for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

I'm expecting CoD on my doorstep Tuesday. It looks like Walmart finally figured out this whole "pre-order" thing, because I actually got Halo:Reach on the day it released, unlike MW2 where they MAILED IT OUT on the day it was released.

I think I'm going to wait on AC Brotherhood. AC I and especially AC II started affected my life negatively. (No, I didn't run around stabbing people, I just stayed up too late playing it. On the plus side, I got all but two Achievements on AC II.)

Excalibur 11-08-2010 06:49 PM

The ending of AC 2 still was a WTF moment.

k9870 11-08-2010 09:13 PM

Im kind of surprised theres no controversy around black ops like there was around MW2. Or even medal of honor, where they flipped out over playing as taliban but you play as NVA in this,

funkychinaman 11-08-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21868)
The ending of AC 2 still was a WTF moment.

[[Spoiler ahead.]] Honestly, I'm shocked that it's not as controversial as it could have been. Kids playing as Taliban, ban it! ALL RELIGION IS A HUGE LIE? Not a peep.

Excalibur 11-08-2010 10:07 PM

I guess Vietnam and the Cold War isn't so much controversy as it is today. The stigma of the Nam era is not the brightest spot

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 21875)
[[Spoiler ahead.]] Honestly, I'm shocked that it's not as controversial as it could have been. Kids playing as Taliban, ban it! ALL RELIGION IS A HUGE LIE? Not a peep.

I guess the thing about the end of AC 2 is that...it was such a twist ending and you'd have to PLAY the game in its entirety. If the developers spoiled it so much...maybe

funkychinaman 11-08-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 21872)
Im kind of surprised theres no controversy around black ops like there was around MW2. Or even medal of honor, where they flipped out over playing as taliban but you play as NVA in this,

Aside from the fact that it's an ongoing conflict, the NVA was, and is still, a legitimate national army. The Taliban is officially designated a Foreign Terrorist organization by the US State Department. (And presumably, the equivalent in most western governments as well.)

k9870 11-08-2010 10:13 PM

I think its stupid its acceptable to play in a game as wermacht and NVA/VC but not as the taliban. They were all bad guys. What makes a bad guy acceptable? Just "when enough time passes its okay" mentality?

Excalibur 11-08-2010 10:21 PM

Too soon?

Well how many WWII games outside of singleplayer where you play the Axis power?

k9870 11-08-2010 10:23 PM

Every WW2 game you play as an axis power in multiplayer.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.