imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SPACEart.de (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1662)

Ben41 03-24-2011 01:01 AM

SPACEart.de

Lately, there has been a user named SPACEart who's been uploading several images of his replica weapons that are modeled after the custom weapons in Aliens, Blade II, and Escape from New York. The user has also posted a link to the SPACEart.de website where apparently these are for sale. Just wondering what are some of the fellow mods' feelings about this. Is this okay or should this be discouraged?

Rockwolf66 03-24-2011 02:14 AM

I'm one for Discourageing such things. We should be showing the real film props not some cheap knockoff made by someone who probably hasn't even seen the real prop.

MoviePropMaster2008 03-24-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 26987)
I'm one for Discourageing such things. We should be showing the real film props not some cheap knockoff made by someone who probably hasn't even seen the real prop.

How do you know he hasn't seen the original? From what I"ve seen, the props look pretty good, and the pics are only of fantasy weapons (but ones which qualify to be included in the Fictional firearms section). They aren't bad as placeholders until we can get really great pics of the original props. In some of the cases, the original props are 'no more, so a replica or authorized commercial copy is the only high quality pic we're going to get.

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the replica pics look good and they LOOK like the original weapons.

bunni 03-24-2011 10:30 PM

Here is what I posted on his user page:

Quote:

Spam

I can not help but feel you are spamming the pages with your products. The images you are putting up are watermarked, are not actual screen used props, and you are including outbound links to the product pages. You're also not making any other contributions to the site. The outbound links need to be removed and the images you've uploaded need to be off the main pages and on the discussion pages unless they are actual screen used props. bunni 22:00, 23 March 2011 (CDT)

Rockwolf66 03-25-2011 12:04 AM

I know we have agreements with a few prophouses to use their images of movie firearms and such. other than those agreements I as a singular member do not wish to see people just using our site as a way to pimp their own interests. Least we should do is kill all those links to their site as we have not agreed to advertise for them.

MoviePropMaster2008 03-25-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunni (Post 27013)
Here is what I posted on his user page:

Of course I yield to our leader :) He more wise than I. Never thought that the user was (a) only putting in pics that directed traffic towards a commercial site and (b) only put in links to same said site, and (c) did no other contributions to IMFDB. I stand corrected :)

MT2008 03-26-2011 04:25 PM

I agree with Bunni - it's one thing to use pictures of replica versions of the props, but this dude is obviously trying to use our site to promote his own - without permission. It would be one thing if he came to us first and asked, but he hasn't done that. I say remove 'em.

Spartan198 04-03-2011 01:47 PM

Yeah, I agree with Bunni as well.

Rockwolf66 04-09-2011 06:02 AM

So are we going to pull all this guys stuff as it's pretty obvious that they are useing out site to advertize their product. Basically remove everything they have put up as it's all watermarked with their site?