imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 05-02-2013 08:22 AM

Watched The Hunger Games on Netflix recently. It was pretty average and not really sure worth all the billing and hype that surrounded its initial release IMO. :(

Excalibur 05-02-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 38909)
Watched The Hunger Games on Netflix recently. It was pretty average and not really sure worth all the billing and hype that surrounded its initial release IMO. :(

Go look up Battle Royale. It's a much better movie or better yet read the book

SPEMack618 05-02-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 38909)

I think a lot of it was both hype for Jennifer Lawerence and a lot of teen to early 20s girls flocking to go see it because they had read the "edgy" and "dark" books.

I was disappointed too, just not all that good.

Even though it makes a great case for why a disarmed populace is bad, though.:D

funkychinaman 05-02-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38910)
Go look up Battle Royale. It's a much better movie or better yet read the book

BR, and BR2 are also on Netflix, I believe.

Excalibur 05-02-2013 04:12 PM

Oh and the Manga. If you ever find the manga for BR, read that. It is also pretty great...and graphic

Evil Tim 05-02-2013 10:24 PM

I notice in the almost content-free CoD announcement there's one point of interest, that being a new engine. But I think this will be another CoD 3, released on too many formats for them to focus on any particular one. 3 looked like an HD Re-release of a PS2 game on the next gens because they tried to release for PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii (I guess they didn't have time to release the versions for the Turbographix-16 and Antikythera mechanism) and this one could end up on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox whatever the next one's called, Wii U, PC and possibly even Wii. All that plus trying to build and debug a new engine in a two-year dev cycle...Unless Kotick is hiring programmers fresh from Hogwarts I don't see this ending well.

S&Wshooter 05-02-2013 10:29 PM

I played through Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday and the day before on my brother's PS3 while he was at school

Excalibur 05-02-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 38915)
I played through Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday and the day before on my brother's PS3 while he was at school

If you said that, I would have given you some advice to prepare. Step one...pace yourself. This is a LONGER game. Step 2, make sure you've played EVERY Metal Gear game because MGS4 ties up ALL of them. and Step 4...popcorn, lots of popcorn for the many cutscenes.

S&Wshooter 05-02-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38916)
If you said that, I would have given you some advice to prepare. Step one...pace yourself. This is a LONGER game. Step 2, make sure you've played EVERY Metal Gear game because MGS4 ties up ALL of them. and Step 4...popcorn, lots of popcorn for the many cutscenes.

I skipped pretty much every cutscene. I was there to shoot dudes with a wide variety of handguns, not because of anything to do with the Metal Gear universe

Excalibur 05-03-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 38917)
I skipped pretty much every cutscene. I was there to shoot dudes with a wide variety of handguns, not because of anything to do with the Metal Gear universe

Then you are playing the wrong game if all you care about is guns. The MGS series of games is part awesome gunplay and action and part really intense story telling.