imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 11-07-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 36638)
I was in my brother's room playing Postal 2 on his laptop while he started up Halo 4, so I go to watch him play through the beginning. It didn't look like something I would want to play.

Wow, you're still playing Postal 2?

S&Wshooter 11-07-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 36643)
Wow, you're still playing Postal 2?

My brother bought it, and I wanted to try it out

k9870 11-07-2012 06:45 PM

black ops 2 looks sweet. it appears you choose weapons for sp also

funkychinaman 11-07-2012 07:09 PM

Holy shitsnacks!

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/11/arc...all-is-archer/

Clutch 11-07-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 36619)
While Bond films will probably always make money simply for being Bond films, regardless of who plays Bond or directs them, I should still hope that a desire to ensure quality entertainment is not too much to ask for.

Bad comparison. I think Michael Bay should be banned from going anywhere near the director's chair, under any circumstances. That's like asking me whether I would rather eat a tasty, fresh piece of pie, or eat the flesh off my hand.

If you asked me whether I would prefer Tarantino to Martin Campbell, I would still say Campbell without thinking about it. Tarantino may be a talented filmmaker, but he is talented at making a certain type of movie. Bond movies are not, and should never be, anything like "Reservoir Dogs" or "Pulp Fiction".

Jesus, Bay's not THAT bad. I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR a Bond film set, but I can think of quite a few worse directors than Michael Bay.

commando552 11-07-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch (Post 36651)
Jesus, Bay's not THAT bad. I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR a Bond film set, but I can think of quite a few worse directors than Michael Bay.

If nothing else he did "The Rock" which is one of my favourite action movies of all time. I'm also a fan of "The Island", but I don't think anyone else is.

SPEMack618 11-08-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 36652)
If nothing else he did "The Rock" which is one of my favourite action movies of all time. I'm also a fan of "The Island", but I don't think anyone else is.

I thoroughly love "The Rock", even if I'm more of a fan of MG Hummel than Nic Cage.

Also, I watched "The Island" with my Lady Friend this past summer for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Prtty cool seeing a PMC be the good guy.

Clutch 11-08-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 36652)

I am.

Honestly, the only two Bay movies I can't really profess any kind of favor for are Pearl Harbor and Armageddon - Pearl Harbor because I can't seem to watch enough of it to form a good opinion of it (most I've ever seen was from the start of the attack forward) and Armageddon because it's a ridiculously over-the-top and surprisingly dated doomsday flick. That being said, I find Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to be my least favorite of those that I do favor - that movie might just be the visual definition of "wingin' it".

Excalibur 11-08-2012 01:18 AM

Pearl Harbor and The Rock are the only good Bay movies to me.

SPEMack618 11-08-2012 01:30 AM

I enjoyed Pearl Harbor when I was younger, but I can't stomach the portrayal of Jimmy Doolittle as a fighter jock nor the portrayal of asking for fighter pilot volunteers for the Doolittle Raiders. To quote the inter-webs "Th stupid....it burns."

I'm not ashamed to admit that "Armageddon" is one of my favorite movies. There isn't one thing I find wrong with it, other than Will Patton not having a bigger role.

And, since I like mindless 'splosions and the good guys winning, I enjoy all of the Transformers films, with them being ranked in preference along the way they were released.