imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ranking Handgun Value in a Zombie Apocalypse (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=877)

Zulu Two Six 01-18-2010 06:22 AM

i would probrably choose an AR variant. there much more easier to come by.
as for a handgun maybe a glock .40 or the good ol' .45 1911. you can never go wrong with a 1911. and revolvers....the .38 special. yep, thats right im bringing out the ol' shitter. most people dont prefer it. but they have nice control and some good stopping power. hell, my mom even has one that she keeps in her closet for home-defense. we also take it to the range sometimes.

k9870 01-18-2010 02:42 PM

I wouldnt get a big caliber for the headshot only zombies, and even ones you need to hit in the torso, never a .40. .45 has more power and less recoil, ill just take a p220. Ar-15s are a good idea as you can take mags from military/le types. Whats with the aimpoint and eotec lined up in the pic?

Spartan198 01-18-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 10892)
That looks like a very Hollywood configuration. I would want just an Aimpoint. If I can get a suppressor, the better

Largely bare essentials. The magnifier can be flipped off to the side when the 3X isn't needed and you never know where the tac light would be useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 10907)
Whats with the aimpoint and eotec lined up in the pic?

The Aimpoint is a magnifier, not an RDS.

Excalibur 01-18-2010 03:42 PM

For shooting something as dangerous as zombies, a handgun is too close for comfort. I'd rather have a shotgun or rifle at distances, but if I need to have a handgun for use, I'd get one with as much ammo as possible in a standard magazine. I like the XDM in 9mm. 19+1 rounds. I might even want to get a Glock 17 and get the extended mags for 33.

S&Wshooter 01-18-2010 04:16 PM

A Browning HP and my 686 as pistols and my Stag Arms as my rifle, with a crowbar for melee

Excalibur 01-18-2010 05:36 PM

Crowbar sounds too heavy for something like a rotting zombie head. And you would need all your speed to run around. Too much weight is bad for you. I'll take a bat as a melee weapon. I'm debating if a sword or a bat would have less blood splash back on myself

k9870 01-18-2010 05:42 PM

asp baton, all day.

S&Wshooter 01-18-2010 07:18 PM

I don't have a baseball bat though. I have rock hammers and crowbars, but no baseball bats

Markost 01-18-2010 08:13 PM

Well guys, youīre in the US, so you have too many weapons to choose, but here you canīt buy semiautomatics...

So, letīs see:

Melee: Cold Steel Indian War Club

Handgun: Bersa Thunder .45 as main handgun or Glock 17.

Rifle: Sporter Mauser 1909 with bayonet for long range.

Small game rifle: Some Beretta local copy in .22lr

Krel 01-19-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 10883)
No, he did absolutely zero research, such as shown by him ranking the M1 carbine (which you'd be hard-pressed to find ammo for) so high.

I inherited my Dad's M1 Carbine, and I love it. Easy to carry, good accuracy, low recoil, good magazine capacity, and I have no problems finding ammunition for it. Granted an M16, or variant would probably be a better choice because they are so common in the U.S. as one of it's advantages. Although I am a .45 acp man, I think that shot placement and ammo capacity should be considered. I would probably go with a Beretta 92. Like the M16, it is very common, so ammo, magazines, and spare parts should not be a problem. Also it is heavy for a 9mm, so the recoil is very mild.

As for movie Zombies, they are not really Zombies. George Romero has said that his creations aren't Zombies, they are the Living Dead. The Living Dead can be killed, a Zombie can't. The traditional Zombie is a reanimated corpse that is under the control of a person. The only way to stop the Zombie is to stop the person that is controlling them. The last real Zombie I have seen in a movie, was the HBO film "Cast A Deadly Spell".

David.