imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

Excalibur 05-25-2016 02:49 PM

Alright, it's been awhile for this thread, but I've just added something

I got a Glock 43. It's for summer carry and for times I needed to just get a gun to go. Smaller and more manageable than the larger G19 I've been carrying.

I've added night sights and Taran Tactical +2 and +3 base plates for carrying and so far, it's been awesome.

Been carrying it in an IWB holster made by On Your 6 Design.

StanTheMan 05-25-2016 07:36 PM

I'm not a Glock guy mind you but sounds pretty good.

As for me, I might soon be finally getting my first piece (of my very own). Will be scoping out all the places around here over the next week or so. Leaning to a shotgun right now, but if I see a decent handgun for the right price, well.. Would have liked to wait for the next gun show here but that's not 'til August. Bah.

I'll certainly let ya guys know in due course. Will finally be nice to 'join the club', heh.

SavageGerbil 05-26-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 42616)
Alright, it's been awhile for this thread, but I've just added something

I got a Glock 43. It's for summer carry and for times I needed to just get a gun to go. Smaller and more manageable than the larger G19 I've been carrying.

I've added night sights and Taran Tactical +2 and +3 base plates for carrying and so far, it's been awesome.

Been carrying it in an IWB holster made by On Your 6 Design.

Congrats on that one. I've got a similar setup, running Truglo tritiums and a Bladetech iwb. Hides regardless of what I'm wearing, and I sit around 140.

Seems to love 124 grain defense ammo, I've put some solid groups down with Hornady custom.

Hit the range with it yet?

Excalibur 05-26-2016 02:02 PM

I carry mine in an IWB holster made by On Your 6 Design. Really nice holster. I got Trijicon HD sights on. I carry with Winchester PDX-1 +P.

I carry mine at around the 4 o clock position.

It works well at the range with no problems so far. The extended base plates had no malfunctions after 100 rounds. I had a box of surplus ammo which 1 having a light primary strike, but it could be just the round because the second time, it worked.

With the +2 extension I carry with, it really feels like a G26 sliced in half. With the +3 extension as my spare, it feels like a G19 sliced in half and I could still hide it pretty well under a shirt. With my G19, I've always practiced making sure all my shots hit dead center to put a threat down fast, but now with significantly less rounds, I needed to practice even more so. There cannot be a single miss or ineffective hit on a body when you shoot a small gun like this. Thankfully, this thing shoots with the uncontrollablity of a bigger gun and it is awesome.

Rockwolf66 05-29-2016 03:40 AM

Just picked up a RIA 1911 GI for $400.

It might not be a top of the line pistol but it looks like it will get the job done.

Excalibur 05-29-2016 04:08 AM

I think I am finally saving up money so I can have my dream collector gun. An M1 Garand

Mazryonh 05-29-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 42632)
I think I am finally saving up money so I can have my dream collector gun. An M1 Garand

A dream collector gun that is also a good "Get off my lawn" gun. In the movies anyhow.

StanTheMan 05-30-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 42632)

That's one of 'em I consider a piece of real history as well as a quite viable firearm. Very good, man.

S&Wshooter 05-31-2016 02:10 AM

I got a Winchester 1300 Defender to replace the one I traded for that broke-dick Redhawk (that Ruger broke MORE then refused to fix, by the way) to help out a family friend. Good thing is, it's in very good shape; bad thing is, I'm a bit tall for basically everything that doesn't have a pistol grip so I'm going to have to figure something out

Excalibur 05-31-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanTheMan (Post 42635)
That's one of 'em I consider a piece of real history as well as a quite viable firearm. Very good, man.

I'm looking around for good prices. If anybody has ideas, drop a link for me.